[Hype14] - Kris Wadsworth - Mainline

- wax
Cedric Maison
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Hype14] - Kris Wadsworth - Mainline

Post by Cedric Maison »

Hey Guys,

Our biggest record yet, straight outta Detroit....it's uncompromisingly beautiful.....

Artist: Kris Wadsworth
Title: Mainline (w/ Sei A & Jimmy Edgar remixes)
Label: Hypercolour
Cat. No: Hype15
Released: Vinyl 13/05 & Digital 27/05

Listen Here:
http://www.myspace.com/hypercolour

Detroit’s Kris Wadsworth is a name that has spread very quickly amongst the house music community via his releases on Morris Audio, Adult Only and Hypercolour, yet it’s ‘Mainline’ for the latter imprint which will cement his reputation as a brilliant producer.

Wadsworth’s music is true house music which respectfully tips its hat to his hometown - sample based 4:4 soul, laid down simply, effectively and without compromise. His grooves are raw, powerful and evoke memories of house music pioneers while sounding decidedly fresh.

Slow building, simplistic and devastatingly effective, ‘Mainline’ is one of the most distinctive house tracks ever made. Featuring just a handful of percussion sounds, an amazing, spine tingling vocal that words do no justice to, this is a really special track. Even at 10 minutes 40 seconds, the track is so captivating it feels like a minute, urging repeated listens.

The ever-impressive Sei A takes the reigns for the remix and injects some of his Glaswegian skill into the mix to create a melodic, dubbed out version of ‘Mainline’ which is very much his own. Fans of his tracks or remixes for Freerange, Missive, Seinan, Buzzin Fly or Tronic Soul will know what to expect – electronic house music of impeccable quality.

Finally, Kris's good friend from Detroit, Jimmy Edgar takes the reigns. A stripped back, beautiful Deep House version is the result. Showcasing the beautiful vocal to max effect, this is a plodder that just builds and builds. Not what you expect from Jimmy, but you can expect more of this from Jimmy through his EP later this year on Hypercolour. Watch this space. Detroit takes over.
Supernature
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Supernature »

Thumbs up from the SPN crew!
Cedric Maison
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cedric Maison »

A great review from the reputable Data Transmissions...

http://www.datatransmission.co.uk/viewr ... viewID=767

Kris Wadswoth
Mainline
Reviewed by:charlietarr
Rating:9/10

Detroit based Kris Wadsworth, as displayed in his revealing interview with DT last week, doesn't fck about. It seems like this attitude has been perfectly reflected in this latest release on the impressive Hypercolour imprint. People have been talking about Mr. Wadsworth for a bit now, especially with another stormer on Morris Audio recently. But this is the EP which will make people sit up and realise this boy has serious talent.

In short, Mainline is ten minutes of raw, simple yet wonderfully groovy 4/4. As KW revealed to us in his interview, he doesn't like his music to be pigeon-holed, or the Detroit label to be pinned upon him too much. I'll keep the comparisons light then. So as to say this decidedly old-school, a perhaps inadvertent dip to the past, yet the fact that he's made a tune of the calibre of Mainline reaffirms just how groundbreaking and fresh this tune is. KW keeps the instruments to a minimum, using a haunting, beautiful vocal to match that devastating kick drum. One of the tunes of the year. Yes, I can say that already.

Glasweigen Sei A is on remix duties here, loving the vocal and playing with it to great effect, looping and echoeing galore. He again highlights just how emotive the original vocal is. A dubby, shuffly piece of house, melodic and god-damn pretty. Super Duper.

Tracks like Mainline don't come along too often. In fact, I don't think I've heard something remotely like it in a long time. When there are those out there aiming their sights at the 'monotony' of European Mannheim House (slightly harshly, I feel) it is brilliant when people like Wadsworth come along and turn the tables upside down, trash the bar and smash a few glasses. Buy it, crank it up loud and feel lucky there is some originality out there.
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

Super great release!!!
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
patcha
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by patcha »

wonderful, sooo deep :)

full support !
Cedric Maison
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cedric Maison »

Thanks guys, some feedbacks for you also...

Timo Maas: Killer track!!!!! that'll be huge!

Thomas Schumacher: WOW. I am totally blown away. This is house music at it's best. Big tune!!!

Simon Baker: Loving the new Hypercolour release. Something a little different to everything around at the mo.

Len Faki: Nice!!! love the rough beats, vocal is charming! great mixture though!

Locodice: Sounds very very interesting, gonna give it a go. Cheers!

Livio & Roby: One of the hottest labels for us right now! both tracks in our bag!

Stimming:This is really deep sexy sh!t! I absolutely love it.

Ripperton: The original mix is pure sickness! Great!

Spencer Parker: Kris Wadsworth track is INSANE. Love it! Thanks

Brothers Vibe: Super tracks - Great work! Full support

Masomenos: Love the original!
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Beautiful :)
Cedric Maison
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cedric Maison »