Ableton 8

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Ableton 8

Post by ::BLM:: »

Im confused which one to buy. For a first time buyer should I just get the Ableton live 8 suite as that seems to have everything included.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I started off without the external instruments, but now i'm working 100% with all the fx and synths of live.
I think they are worth their price now more than before. Sampler, Operator and Collision make for an amazing bundle imo, plus you actually also get Electric(lounge lizzard if i'm not mistaking), Analog (which is a bit brittle, but can also yield some true surprises) and Tension (which i never got my head around :S )

It depends on how much you think you're gonna be using those or if you plan more on using external VSTs. But again it's a great bundle for the price imo. and the new Operator is ace!
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Im trying to make a similar decission. In terms of abletons componants I only really use the sampling features drum machine, impulse, simpler and sampler, do I have to buy the suite to get these tools?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Opuswerk wrote:I started off without the external instruments, but now i'm working 100% with all the fx and synths of live.
I think they are worth their price now more than before. Sampler, Operator and Collision make for an amazing bundle imo, plus you actually also get Electric(lounge lizzard if i'm not mistaking), Analog (which is a bit brittle, but can also yield some true surprises) and Tension (which i never got my head around :S )

It depends on how much you think you're gonna be using those or if you plan more on using external VSTs. But again it's a great bundle for the price imo. and the new Operator is ace!
yes... i think you've nailed it... i now can't live without the instruments... but b4 i could have cared less.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

ive been messing around with the demo for 24h now.. collision is just brilliant (-)
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

am i right in thinking there is no shuffle function, just the extract groove thing?
x
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

MarcAshken wrote:am i right in thinking there is no shuffle function, just the extract groove thing?
x
What do you mean by shuffle function ?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Perc Trax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Perc Trax »

Yo Marc,

Instead of the simple shuffle before where you turned up the shuffle % there is now a whole library of grooves to apply to audio and midi.

Pretty easy to get your head around after a bit of tinkering.

And anything that gets away from the standard shuffle that 99% of demos I receive is good for me.

Ali.