why buying expansive vynil timecode systems if...?

- open
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

why buying expansive vynil timecode systems if...?

Post by hernangrau »

my point is:
why spend 500to600hundred dollars (here in my country like 900dollars) on serato fs,traktor sratch,etc if you can get same results with this:

maya44 usb + deckadance software + any timecode vinyl
also work with any 4in 4 out soundcard that support asio(i first tryed with 2 soundcards+asio4all)

i bought the maya last week for 150dollars
deckadance club edition 180dollars
2 torq vinyl timecodes 60dollars
total 380dollars

380 if you setup from zero, but most of you already might have an 4in 4 out soundcard. so it's less. Also if you were a pirate you may download the software.

i have been using it since last week and it's the same stuff that i have also played in rane serato some months ago.

i think that is because most people doesn't know about this,
well hope this will be usefull for someone

ciao
a-fletch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by a-fletch »

Hey man,

Im really interested in doing this too, I dont have any experince with things like Serato/TraktorScratch etc but have always wanted to use a setup like that. If its going to work out much cheaper to do it this way then id be really keen to do it.

Was it easy to set up? Does the combination of Maya44 + Deckadance + Timecode vinyls work very well for you? Do you honestly feel it works just as well for you as a full Serato/Traktor setup?

Some more info would be greatly appreciated. 8)
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

by doing that you don´t get stuff like drop the needle anywhere and the track keep going, but it´s almost the same EXCEPT the audio 8 card that Traktor scratch has, lower latency... appart from that is the same!

But god damn you can´t use Traktor... it´s a bit bitchy but I like that software.

Cheers
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i wonder if i could use m-audio fast track pro + deckadance + timecode vinyl + my x-session pro, because i dont have a mixer is that possible?
and what do you mean you cant drop the needle?
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

rationalism wrote:by doing that you don´t get stuff like drop the needle anywhere and the track keep going, but it´s almost the same EXCEPT the audio 8 card that Traktor scratch has, lower latency... appart from that is the same!
Cheers
mistake both.
torq vinyl work in absolute mode. so You can drop the needle everywhere and it will work as a regular vinyl.

it has no latency at all.
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

a-fletch wrote:Hey man,

Im really interested in doing this too, I dont have any experince with things like Serato/TraktorScratch etc but have always wanted to use a setup like that. If its going to work out much cheaper to do it this way then id be really keen to do it.

Was it easy to set up? Does the combination of Maya44 + Deckadance + Timecode vinyls work very well for you? Do you honestly feel it works just as well for you as a full Serato/Traktor setup?

Some more info would be greatly appreciated. 8)
yes man it do the job like a regular vinyl do. I have a dual core 2.0 laptop with 2gb ram. and it works perfect for me.
i will upload some minivideo soon so you can see.
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

Rookas wrote:i wonder if i could use m-audio fast track pro + deckadance + timecode vinyl + my x-session pro, because i dont have a mixer is that possible?
and what do you mean you cant drop the needle?
if your soundcard is 4 in 4 out and ave asio support you can.
ANd your x session pro will work, it's has that midi bundle into their setups-
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

thats great!
which timecode vinyl i should use?