Minimal/Techno/Tech House Producers in Toronto?

- ask away
nick cenik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Minimal/Techno/Tech House Producers in Toronto?

Post by nick cenik »

Hi everyone.

I'll try to make this short and get to the point :)

I've been producing for about 1.5 yrs now. I'm basically self-taught: nearly everything I've learned has come via internet resources (forums, tutorials, chatting with others, etc). I'm really passionate about producing and I'm always trying to improve my skills/abilities. I feel a little isolated, however, because I have found it to be quite difficult to hook up with other local producers who are willing to share their experiences, production techniques, etc. I'd really like an opportunity to learn from a more knowledgeable and talented producer in the Toronto area, but so far I haven't had any success. If there are any folks here who are from the Toronto area and would be willing to work with me a bit in terms of helping me improve my production techniques and sound design skills I'd really appreciate being contacted (nicolas.oliver@hotmail.com). Just being able to sit down in the studio with someone who knows his/her stuff and watch him/her do his/her thing would be quite beneficial: I'm looking for some practical/hands-on learning vs. the 'detached' nature of the net.

A couple of deets: I use Ableton Live 7 as my DAW; hardware-wise, I currently use a Virus TI Snow; and software-wise, I have Sylenth1 and Massive (among others). Although I started out with an electro-influenced sound, I've recently been trying to move more toward tech house and minimal techno.

I currently have three 'complete' original productions available for listening (with 'Infekted' being my most recent). The tracks should help give you guys an idea of my strengths and weaknesses. You can listen to the tunes (in 320kbps) at http://www.soundcloud.com/nick-cenik

So, any local peeps willing to teach an up-and-comer a few tricks? ;)

Thanks in advance!
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

I know how you feel man. Ottawa here, and I have pretty much the same situation. Wish I could help, but the distance is too long.
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Minimal/Techno/Tech House Producers in Toronto?

Post by ferdy »

nick cenik wrote:Hi everyone.

I'll try to make this short and get to the point :)

I've been producing for about 1.5 yrs now. I'm basically self-taught: nearly everything I've learned has come via internet resources (forums, tutorials, chatting with others, etc). I'm really passionate about producing and I'm always trying to improve my skills/abilities. I feel a little isolated, however, because I have found it to be quite difficult to hook up with other local producers who are willing to share their experiences, production techniques, etc. I'd really like an opportunity to learn from a more knowledgeable and talented producer in the Toronto area, but so far I haven't had any success. If there are any folks here who are from the Toronto area and would be willing to work with me a bit in terms of helping me improve my production techniques and sound design skills I'd really appreciate being contacted (nicolas.oliver@hotmail.com). Just being able to sit down in the studio with someone who knows his/her stuff and watch him/her do his/her thing would be quite beneficial: I'm looking for some practical/hands-on learning vs. the 'detached' nature of the net.

A couple of deets: I use Ableton Live 7 as my DAW; hardware-wise, I currently use a Virus TI Snow; and software-wise, I have Sylenth1 and Massive (among others). Although I started out with an electro-influenced sound, I've recently been trying to move more toward tech house and minimal techno.

I currently have three 'complete' original productions available for listening (with 'Infekted' being my most recent). The tracks should help give you guys an idea of my strengths and weaknesses. You can listen to the tunes (in 320kbps) at http://www.soundcloud.com/nick-cenik

So, any local peeps willing to teach an up-and-comer a few tricks? ;)

Thanks in advance!
Hey man,

I live about 30 mins away from Downtown Toronto.

I've been producing for about 3 years now. PM me if you want to collaborate, maybe we can meet up and get it going.

Cheers! :)
BlueFog
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BlueFog »

yeah, im toronto too. feel free to pm me if you need any help...
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Alas, I moved away from Toronto 2 years ago...I'll be back eventually.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I live about an hour and a bit from Toronto but I haven't been there in about a year... but fck man... when I was younger it was my home away from home. There were a lot of crazy parties back in the day. I don't really know what is up these days around TO.
tacopimp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tacopimp »

man, there are so many people producing in Toronto area... i have at least 6 people on my label who are from there, as well as a core group of producers who send me stuff from there...
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

10 years producing... Live downtown at Queen & River... Send me a mssg if you want to hook up...