festivals / club scene in romania??

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

festivals / club scene in romania??

Post by roland »

hey, i've been watching the developements in romania for years and i'm of the opinion that there are some really great clubs and festivals.. i would love to visit sunwaves f.e.!

can anyone tell me if there are also other clubbers who live in central europe and visit romania for attending festivals?? .. i don't know much about romania.. i just wanna know if it's possible to have a good time there..

or could it be possible that club-tourists aren't welcome??

edit:

i don't wanna sound strange or something... i've just noticed that there are lots of romanians here on the board.. and maybe someone could give advice ...

i've seen so much parties around western europe.. and all other famous parties (f.e. in north america) are expensive.. so i thought about romania.. but i've never met anyone who was there for partying ..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

there's these three dudes that play there once and a while. can't remember their name. its on the tip of my tongue...

:roll:
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

cloutier wrote:there's these three dudes that play there once and a while. can't remember their name. its on the tip of my tongue...

:roll:
hm .. i don't get it... but don't le me be misunderstood.. i know there are great parties and great djs (that's why i wanna go there) but i would just like to hear someone who has been there, who maybe can tell me if it's worth or if i should take my money and go to the netherlands or germany once again..
Last edited by roland on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alutza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alutza »

This year between April 30th and May 2nd there's also Sea Sound taking place in Constanta featuring a Desolat and Cadenza label showcase among others.

More info here: http://www.myspace.com/sea_sound
saac
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by saac »

www.sunwaves-fest.ro There is no english version yet, but click on "PROGRAM" to see the line-up and don't worry about being a tourist.
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

any romanians post on here??

ended up at some fucking nutty afterhours club when I was in bucharest, been dying to find out what its called since. had to walk a plank to get in :shock:
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by JayBliss »

Harlesden wrote:any romanians post on here??

ended up at some fcking nutty afterhours club when I was in bucharest, been dying to find out what its called since. had to walk a plank to get in :shock:
i think you're reffering to Silver after-hours. You had to walk a plank because it's in the hystorical center of Bucharest and they are renovating that area.

And yes ... there's always the first of may, which is actualy the season oppening at the seaside. A lot of clubs and promoters offer quite good line-ups. Sunrise has been doing a good job for several years with the Sunwaves Festival. This year The Mission comes with its own festival caled Sea Sound. Also La Mania and Krystal club have their oppening parties. Kudos Beach is already legendary for it's long after-hours.

There are plenty of festivals and parties to choose from. Just visit Mamaia resort on the Black Sea side during these 3 days every year :)

L.E. some flyers and stuff
----------------------------------------------------------
Headliners:
Derrick Carter
Ricardo Villalobos
John Digweed
Dj Sneak
RPR Sound
Federico Molinari
James Zabiela
Scarlett Etienne
Cassy
Zip

http://www.myspace.com/sea_sound

Mayday - La Mania Mamaia, 30 aprilie - 2 mai 2009

30 aprilie - mandy/audiofly
1 mai - sasha/nima gorji
2 mai - lee burridge/bill patrick

http://www.lamania.ro
loki33
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by loki33 »

sunwaves is a festival i really want to go to !