Point Blank music college

- ask away
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Point Blank music college

Post by MarkA »

http://www.pointblanklondon.com/full_mu ... course.php

a friend and I are looking at enrolling for this course in october, is anyone here on it? or have been previously?

the website looks good and I'm going down to an open day in a couple of weeks, would just like to know what people who've been there think?

cheers
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

My friend has been and said it was a waste of money. It's quite expensive no?
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

::BLM:: wrote:My friend has been and said it was a waste of money. It's quite expensive no?
ditto, a friend of mine went to similar institute. dropped out towards the end. he's doing better off without it. no point. save your money.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

::BLM:: wrote:My friend has been and said it was a waste of money. It's quite expensive no?
yeah it's just under 9k for the two year course, looking at the course specifications, it's stuff I think is going to really help me (particularly the music theory, with a tutor) I think it might be 9k well spent in the long run......
I've heard had different ends of the spectrum from peoples friends who've been there, some have said it's helped them enormously, and some like you Ben who's friends have said it's a waste....
might just have to leave it to the open day and discuss with some of the tutors there....
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

for 9k go to SAE...
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

YOU ARE GOINGZ TO BE THE BESTZ EVER!!!!!!! YYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY MUSIC!

go to a real university...
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

whoops double...

but yeah go to a real university
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

well ive done the same exact course in point blank 3-4 years ago.
i think it was not a waste of money for me, i learned alot there plus the people who work there are very friendly and the overall atmosphere is also very good.

Heres the thing why i think it was wicked for me.

My background:I was literally a noob, i didn't even know what midi meant, or what a daw, vst, vsti etc were.

The courses are broken down into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. so they really teach you everything from what midi means to advanced microphone techniques and sound design.

I don't know how much you know about computer music and so on but if you are noob like i were then i would recommend this school.

I met a lot of people with whom i had a lot of in common.
And it is always better to learn from a Pro (a live person), who can share his experience with you, then from wikipedia, or computer musics guide to mnml techno.

The school also has a publishing agency, if you write a good track they might accept it and you will get a publishing deal.

The computers are very good, they have a room with only Mac's and another room with PC's. You can choose between two.

Overall, it was a fun experience for me where i met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot. How you are going to handle your situation depends only on you.