- ask away
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

freesound.org beatport attrubution

Post by ferdy »

whatsup guys,

simple question.

i've used a couple of samples from the freesound.org website on one of my forthcoming releases.

i wanted to attribute the original creators of those sounds since its required as they are all part of the creative commons license.

so how do you i go about doing that with a digital release on beatport and other similar websites?

as in where exactly do i mention 'this song contains 'sample x.wav' created by 'artist x' from freesound.org'

anyone has any experience with this?

cheers! :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i would put it on the labels website and on discogs too.
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

Hmm...Im not on discogs. I just made my account and have no idea how to submit releases etc.

I was thinking along the lines of letting the label manager know, and he could just take it from there. Nonetheless, I will advice him to put it in the details of the release on their website.

Thanks ! :)
meffeo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by meffeo »

Follow this link
..keep the underground alive..

- myspace -
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

meffeo wrote:Follow this link
yeah, i went on the link. i can see the sample. but what do i do with this?
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

the only way I can think of is to add them as a collaborating artist. Unless you are using the sample raw and as a focus of your track I really doubt the sample creator would care though.

Maybe you could just contact the person who made the sample and ask them.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: freesound.org beatport attrubution

Post by ::BLM:: »

ferdy wrote:whatsup guys,

simple question.

i've used a couple of samples from the freesound.org website on one of my forthcoming releases.

i wanted to attribute the original creators of those sounds since its required as they are all part of the creative commons license.

so how do you i go about doing that with a digital release on beatport and other similar websites?

as in where exactly do i mention 'this song contains 'sample x.wav' created by 'artist x' from freesound.org'

I thought the creative commons license meant that you could not use music under it for general release. I might be wrong though...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: freesound.org beatport attrubution

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:
ferdy wrote:whatsup guys,

simple question.

I thought the creative commons license meant that you could not use music under it for general release. I might be wrong though...
this is true. You can only release it on a netlabel