How can i Record a djset in my Mac???

- open
diem_Pt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

How can i Record a djset in my Mac???

Post by diem_Pt »

Hi everyone.

The reason im posting is because i need some help in recording djsets in my mac.
I Play with Traktor scratch, Technics and a Mixing table and i have a cable wich i connect the jack cable in the mac and the other 2 cables in the master source of my mixing table.
I tried to use Audacity software but it just records every 10 sec samples of the set with 1 MB of memory.
Its no Use, i think im using it the wrong way.

So i need some tips about a software wich ables me to record my set in any format so i can transform it into an Mp3 file afterwards.
Wich Software should i use for that?. Thanks
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

I think you can record in traktor. It would be kinda weird if it doesn't have that function
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: How can i Record a djset in my Mac???

Post by thomasjaldemark »

diem_Pt wrote: I tried to use Audacity software but it just records every 10 sec samples of the set with 1 MB of memory.
what do you mean? 1mb memory? 10 sec sample? have you chosen line-in as recording source in the options?
it works perfect for me to record in audacity anyways
diem_Pt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diem_Pt »

I cant export the recording in audacity, thats my problem!!!!!
Where can i find a audacity software wich works properly? if i cant export it, it simply doesnt work for me.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

haven't personally used it, but I have used Total Recorder, which is PC only...I hear this is like Total Recorder for mac.

http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

boudo wrote:I think you can record in traktor. It would be kinda weird if it doesn't have that function

yes you can do it in traktor
diem_Pt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diem_Pt »

the recordings from traktor scratch come empty, it has no sound.
I tried to use the hijack pro software but i dont know how to connect it properly.
This sucks i am trying to record my set for almost 6 months and i am always spending huge amounts of money recording them in studios. Please help me. I need to find a away to record them easily. I am sure it can be so difficult to connect the recording beetween my mac the audio 8 dj and the traktor scratch software.
Funkhunt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Funkhunt »

well, i recorded mixes in PC and mac with two turntables and a mixer and for both the process is the same. Usually, you connect the mixer to the pc through a single cable that allows the sound to exit the mixer and enter the computer. You can do this connection through an amplifier, connecting the mixer to and auxiliar line-in and then connect the line-out amplifier to the computer. This allows you to connect the computer to the mixer and pull tracks directly from the computer to the mix through any mixing software. Not sure if this is what you wanted.