Novation X-Station

- ask away
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Novation X-Station

Post by RussC »

if anyone has this i was curious how the whole thing works for you?? how is the synth? im trying to determine if i want to get a remote or a xstation. any help mucho appreciated!!
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

im about to buy one, i'll tell you in a few weeks i guess ;)
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i have played with the X station hardware extensivley and have the software. depending on what sound you are going for, for the money i think there is a lot better gear for the money, you might want to check into it deep before you make the purchase.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

i've have the xstation. if your looking for an all around tool on a budget to help you produce. this works out nicely. the selling point for me was the integrated package. sound card, preamp, synth, midi control, effects, keyboard, plug and play with most audio programs, etc. the synth engine works out nicely. you can get some quality noises from this thing if you tweek it the right way. you cant save your patches unless you overwrite an existing one. which in some cases, isn't a bad idea. my complaint is i dont like the all plastic design, it makes it feel like a toy in some respects. i like it and use it alot non-the-less.

edit:: heres a track mostly made up of sounds from the xstation, drums from microtonic mnml producing [hello moto]