Lost & Unfound
Paranoiac
Fear Not The Mic (feat. Michal Ho)
Rain
E.T. Phone Home (feat. STD)
Under The Bridge
Choci Magic (feat. Seph & Hunny Bunny)
Tings’n’Tings (feat. Michal Ho)
The Kittycat Conspiracy (feat. Elephant Pixel)
Jupiter Jazz Club
One For My Baby (feat. Shadi’s Elastic Ghost Band)
At Your Mercy
Close Your Eyes (feat. Lucky Luke & Elephant Pixel)
Lost & Found (feat. Hunny Bunny & Elephant Pixel)
Hidden Track: The Little Walk (feat. Elephant Pixel)

info sheet:

Shadi Megallaa, the avant-garde space alien clone spy, hooked up with Igloo Pop label chef Dilo during a mission on Planet Earth. Recharging his nuclear powered batteries somewhere near Cairo, this third dimension encounter of the third kind which escalates into a full-blown underwater ghost rave, culminated in a wild humping on the back seat of grand mum’s car: Meghallaa as well as his alter ego Lucky Luke were born.

Well, that’s how it was, or could have been. Only a few things are certain: his first terrestrial music love was progressive, his first 12” was edited on Kenneth Broxgaard’s Danish Tic Tac Toe imprint, his last EP “Giza Visa” auf Dilek was pure Arabian brain sex, his first breath was taken in Cairo, and who still thinks all of this sounds cryptic should thoroughly study the latest two outings of this exceptional talent that is Megallaa who sometimes surfaces in the US and sometimes in the direct vicinity of Swiss criss crank man Michal Ho.

Impossible to categorize, the two first ever Megallaa long players, “Reflections of Light”, released under the moniker Tri.ni.ty, and “Lost & Unfound” on the Argentinean imprint Igloo and Igloo Pop, will cause a stir amongst followers and freaks alike: living and conjuring crazy sound collages in his city Abu Dhabi, the real slim Shadi combines abstract sounds with organic voice samples (or vice versa: real instrumentations with deconstructed voices), and creates the most melodic, sound-laden, ambient, sometimes even brute and freaked out sampledelic atmospheres that play tricks on your hash-cookied mind whilst the body cannot resist the movement inducing, micro-mutant tabla sounds.

Danceable cosmic highlights like the Elephant Pixel (Dilo himself in his boombastic IDM guise) collaborations that are always peeping onto the floor while confusing the left brain hemisphere, the collab with Hunny Bunny and Argentine super maniac Seph, and two guest appearances of Michal Ho make this album a true sure shot for those who want to go beyond the tried-and-tested formula that seems to be the set standard delivered with programs like Ableton and Traktor.

Cool grooves that resonate the air of “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” (“Under The Bridge”), a micro-maniacal cracker, or jazzy swing vibes (“Jupiter Jazz Club”) sit next to starkly contrasting outings that take the legacy of Plaid and Vangelis into the unknown outta space. Hard to decipher, some of the tracks banged out by Shadi’s completely nuts alter ego Lucky Luke activate the lower body parts, especially if you are familiar and in love with the trucking micro club style propagated by label man Dilo and his Igloo which is world famed for his experimental ambient and IDM outings. Tune in, drop, space out.

Text: planetkat.com

For more info check:

www.beatport.com
www.myspace.com/shadimegallaamusic
www.igloo-rec.com.ar
www.myspace.com/igloorec
Last edited by dilo on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

MASTERPIECE!!

It's a fucking brilliant album :shock:

Congratilations!

This release is the first post of my blog : http://selectedmuziq.blogspot.com/

:lol:

sad that's it's only digital :cry:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Congratulations with the album Shadi!
Will take a listen later.

[/img]
Merino
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Merino »

(-) (-) (-) (-)

AMAZING!
Soooo goood!

Im enjoying the whole album, and the Tri.ni.ty one too!
CONGRATS!

Tha cover is so good too! Congrats Fase!

Full support!
mean
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mean »

well done Shadi!
i do have few of those tunes already, but i would like to receive it all sometimes ;)
great artwork also!

8)
funkatron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by funkatron »

Hey brotha
great album
goo d work my friend:)
all the best
[sp1n0za]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [sp1n0za] »

Merino wrote:(-) (-) (-) (-)

AMAZING!
Soooo goood!

Im enjoying the whole album, and the Tri.ni.ty one too!
CONGRATS!

Tha cover is so good too! Congrats Fase!

Full support!
+

Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Soooo glad this album is finally out! IT took me about a year and a half or so to finish this album.. It was a big mission, very big, bigger than i expected when i first started and wanted to show that i don't just make 4/4 music and put all my influences in one body of work I hope people can enjoy it and maybe it will inspired someone to try something different..