vinyl vs digital, cd, mp3...

- open
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

vinyl vs digital, cd, mp3...

Post by codecks »

I know this is an evergoing on discussion, and everyone has his own opinion about it, but for some years now I've been buying cd's and digital releases on the net. Recently I took some old vinyl records out of the box and when I put the needle on the groove I was "astounished" by the sound of it. It was kinda a really smooth warm sound, something really different of my digital releases. I don't really now what it is, is it the crackling of dust on the vinyl that gives it some special feel, the fact of putting the needle on the record and actually 'see' the music play, or just the sound and mastering that is really different giving it that smooth warm sound wich I don't experience that much with digital releases. Maybe it is a combination of all those things I don't know. One thing is sure, from now on I will focus more on vinyl releases then I was before. Not completly dropping digital and cd but try to get those special gems on vinyl.
What's your opinion?
minimal my ass !
Kornel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kornel »

What an exciting topic!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

why open a new topic when you could post your opinion/question in the already existing ones?!!
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

uhu,.. well sorry then. did some search with no luck tho.. anyways thanks for the "constructive" replies! will dig a bit further.
minimal my ass !
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

lets have this discussion for the billionth time. i think it'll be fun to hear everyones opinions just a few hundred more times.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:Vinyl rulez!
Music rulez!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi