Audio interface & midi controler combo

- ask away
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Audio interface & midi controler combo

Post by agodi »

Im currently looking at upgrading my setup with a new sound card and midi controller and was wondering whether its possible to use an all-in-one device such as the M-AUDIO NRV10, the XONE:2D or the YAMAHA N8. Does anyone use any of these or have any thoughts on this type of setup?
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Audio interface & midi controler combo

Post by dubgil »

agodi wrote:Im currently looking at upgrading my setup with a new sound card and midi controller and was wondering whether its possible to use an all-in-one device such as the M-AUDIO NRV10, the XONE:2D or the YAMAHA N8. Does anyone use any of these or have any thoughts on this type of setup?
throw Korg's Zero 8 or 4 in that list while you're shopping around

I assume this is more for a DJ application?
Prime Loops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Prime Loops »

Hey - I always recomment the MOTU 828MKII - bit pricey but a solid piece of hardware!
FREE LOOPS & SAMPLES! (Over 300mb!)

http://www.primeloops.com SPANKTASTIC 10% SALE NOW ON!
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Cheers for your responses but what Im not specifically looking for a DJ tool or a separate sound card.
Im looking to get a new midi controller (with assignable knobs and faders) and a new sound card. what I want to know is whether something like the devices I mentioned could serve as an all-in-one solution for both?
acidman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acidman »

Try the new Alesis Mastercontrol or M Audio's Project Mix. I had the Project mix for two years. It is an excellent device and works amazing with ableton and other software. I sold my Project mix and am now getting ready to get the Alesis Mastercontrol. For $899 you can't go wrong. But i should mention that these two units are aimed for home producers and not so much for DJing althoug you can use them for live performances and triggering loops in ableton, i think they are not your best choice for mixing tracks.

If you just need something for mixing up tracks: try the new Hercules RMX. it combines a sound card and a midi mixer. It seems like a great match for Tracktor.

Cheers,

Rooz
sinistral
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Audio interface & midi controler combo

Post by sinistral »

dubgil wrote:
agodi wrote:Im currently looking at upgrading my setup with a new sound card and midi controller and was wondering whether its possible to use an all-in-one device such as the M-AUDIO NRV10, the XONE:2D or the YAMAHA N8. Does anyone use any of these or have any thoughts on this type of setup?
throw Korg's Zero 8 or 4 in that list while you're shopping around

I assume this is more for a DJ application?
the Korg Zero series is being discontinued.....
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Cool cheers, but what I really want to know is whether these devices can be used as your soundcard as well as a controller??
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

agodi wrote:Cool cheers, but what I really want to know is whether these devices can be used as your soundcard as well as a controller??
Um, yeah? That's how they're advertised...