Small Local Scenes Dying out?

- open
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Small Local Scenes Dying out?

Post by upekah »

Hey Dudes ,

This might be a Topic to Guys that live in smaller Areas but in the past months I realized that the "local scene" is more and more fucked up. As when there is a more famous Local DJ playing there are just 50 people coming to a mnml party and people complaining about "gosh play harder" but in fact they are likely hardstyle ravers from france coming over the weekend.

I wanna know if its the same for most smaller local scenes as we only seem to only fill one club with Onur Ozer and a Vakant Night and the other clubs just stay empty when a local is playing...

sad sad... I rather stay at home producing instead of wasting my time for getting 50 bucks and then paying everything to the cab driver...

cheers
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Yes the same here :cry: Few years ago DJ T and Karotte oder M.A.N.D.Y. played in our local club. And when the local djs played club was overfilled the same. Now the good old times are passed. A larger club opened and "new scene" go wild on Boogie Pimps hehe. The others getting older and don't go out that much anymore. Then followed a lot of "new djs" they go out and thought:"huh, drugs, girls, ego - i should become a dj" Quality is sinking...

That's why my boyfriend don't play as often as then. And to party i jump into the train direction frankfurt, offenbach ;) But if i would dj in our local area i would become depressive...
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

minidine wrote:That's why my boyfriend don't play as often as then. And to party i jump into the train direction frankfurt, offenbach ;) But if i would dj in our local area i would become depressive...
Hehe same here.. I live in Saarbrucken , my friends live in Mainz... so going to Frankfurt/Offenbach isnt a problem.

My first night in RJ or U60 was incredible , even if the guys there are definetely more fucked up than here.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Small Local Scenes Dying out?

Post by John Clees »

anizz wrote: I rather stay at home producing instead of wasting my time
:arrow: detroit formula...

this is what drives so many artist to work their craft and stay underground until the time is right..

everything with come back around - the clubs will milk the money performers then (they) will get sick of that and invite more artistic talent once again..

better start making music minidine... :)
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Small Local Scenes Dying out?

Post by upekah »

john clees wrote:
anizz wrote: I rather stay at home producing instead of wasting my time
:arrow: detroit formula...

this is what drives so many artist to work their craft and stay underground until the time is right..

everything with come back around - the clubs will milk the money performers then (they) will get sick of that and invite more artistic talent once again..

better start making music minidine... :)
so for a young kid like me its better to stay at home producing for a while? till i can dig the shizzle out of my equipmentz?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I'd say..

very important to go out and learn to (get) inspiration from other sources..

I (personally) spent way too much time going out and not enough time pushing myself at home...
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

john clees wrote:I'd say..

very important to go out and learn to (get) inspiration from other sources..

I (personally) spent way too much time going out and not enough time pushing myself at home...
this happens to me a lot too (I so far didnt manage it to get a track done) with going for a walk or after days of getting into the newest releases or smth... I spend the time getting away from sh!t like that to not burnout myself somehow.

back to topic ^^
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

The local scene in Toronto is doing fairly well. We have a nice mix of bigger/interesting names that come through, but there are a number of regular 'locals only' or mostly-local parties that still get solid turn outs.

There are two promoters, Milk and Box of Kittens that come to mind, most of the time it's an all-local lineup, and the venues they pick still end up getting pretty packed/busy and are well-received by those who attend.

Then there is Promise that throws quite a few events, some times they bring in bigger names, but tend to stick to more local-focus also and get good turnouts. During the summer they also throw free beach parties on Sundays which seem to get consistently solid turnouts (although techno/minimal doesn't start until the early evening)

Then again, we've had quite a few Toronto/Ontario DJ's pack up and make the move to Berlin.