Sandwell District- Best techno label of 2008?

- open
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Sandwell District- Best techno label of 2008?

Post by filthypitcher »

With Function already scoring 2 massive hits this year, with his "ISOLATION AND ANTICIPATION EP'S " it seems as if in the past 12 months, Sandwell District can do no wrong. Going from strength to strength with every release, so far this year both Function's mighty 'Isolation' and the Kalon and Function Mixes of Silent Servant's 'Violencia' earned DJ Mag Techno Record of the Month, Function's 'Anticipation' held the #1 Bestselling Techno Record position for 6 weeks on Juno, in June the label earned Resident Advisor's prestigous, Label of the Month, and currently the Kalon and Function mixes of Silent Servant are getting major airplay and DJ Support. And now with mixes from Marcel Dettmann and Troy Pierce in the pipeline for the next sandwell 12"s, as well as Function remixing Miss Kitten, Heartthrob (Minus) and the Richie Hawtin, Joey Beltram and Mundo Muzique +8 classic, Final Exposure 'Vortex', 2009 is already promising to be another major year for SANDWELL DISTRICT.

Here is a little something Test resident Richard Brophy wrote on the Sandwell district label earlier this year for resident advisor. The label is by far one of the most outstanding labels in techno for 2008.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=913

Function will be performing live at Test on the 28th November. For more details please check http://www.myspace.com/testindustries
Big Bully
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Big Bully »

respekt! i love all the sandwell stuff.

keep it movin'!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Big Bully wrote:respekt! i love all the sandwell stuff.

keep it movin'!
Agreed, some amazing stuff has come out on this label in 2008!
donor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by donor »

got all the releases so far...
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

donor wrote:got all the releases so far...
+1 very "honest" sound,

I love it , but am always a bit reserved if it's about calling some label "the best" or "the worst".

however - quality stuff !
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

wow, hadn't heard about this label, checked out some of the releases on beatport. sounds nice indeed! will see if i buy some of the releases that i like on vinyl :)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Hope the hype doesn't over take the label. Not sure if its best of the year imo, but if it isn't, it's very close to earning the title. I have to say though, I thought the first handful of releases were a bit dry and boring until Sumner breathed some life into the label.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

it´s great label. very fresh.