Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

- open
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

Post by hotpace »

The joys of clubbing in England! That was at the M-nus event in London last weekend! fck me!!

Rules rules rules.............you will become our subordinates you worthless, druggy, addicted cunts!!

I fucking hope people stop going clubbing in this cuntry. We're the reason these promoter/club owner bastards are in fucking business! I know its not their fault about the law, but it IS their fault with all these additional rules & charges. £1 for a fucking wristband that allows you to do exactly fck all as you still have to do a fingerprint like a fucking criminal and a have a time limit imposed on you!

The people need to make a stand by not going anymore to clubs like this one! Only ones that are blatantly taking the piss though which one or two are starting to in my experiences. We should start a list on here of the worst offenders! Manchester's Warehouse Project the night before wouldn't let people take their £3.50 beers outside for a fag neither! You had to stand there and drink it first, go for a quick fag and then go in and buy another £3.50 beer! Another nice money making ploy!

By the way I'm not even a massive smoker. I just like the odd one or two through a night. Its the blatant way the clubs are screwing people for more money in these ways thats angered me! They're starting to use a law as a way to line their pockets even more! And entrance fee's to some of these nights ain't exactly cheap to begin with! With all the fucking booking fee's etc I paid £24 to the Warehouse Project!! Clubs are meant to be an escape from the real world for a few hours yet there are more rules in them these days than at work! Had to be in before 11.30pm even with pre bought tickets. Couldn't put anything in the cloak room after 1.30am. Event finished at 6am instead of the advertised, "special" 7am license. Whats this sh!t all about??

Revolution for change!!

1. SE ONE [London]
2. Warehouse Project [Manchester]

Last edited by hotpace on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

At least you are one of the people who goes outside to smoke rather than lighting up on the dancefloor. But, with additional queues and costs to have a quick smoke, I'm not surprised to see people do that.
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

I feel you man. It hasn't come this far on the other side of the channel (probably will in a couple of years.. if it even takes that long) but having to pay to go outside for a fag...damn I'd be pretty pissed off.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

There's so many things wrong about that picture! Crazy sh!t!
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

someone got shot at that venue a week before that minus event. the strict policy was probably because of that,
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

grace anxiety wrote:someone got shot at that venue a week before that minus event. the strict policy was probably because of that,
I don't see how the 2 incidents connect? But even if they do, theres nothing anyone can say to detract from my main point of fleecing the clubber in the name of 'the law'. Even if they have to take fingerprints and sh!t like that, whats the excuse to charge a fucking quid for a pointless wristband? One club starts the trend and the others will follow unless someone makes a song and dance about it, you mark my words! A year from now it will be the norm to pay an additional £5 to get hearded into a smoking area!

Wrong wrong wrong!! :x
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Yes it bullshit...just spark up on the dancefloor and swerve the bouncers all night.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

I can't stand smokers, its an absolutely disgusting habit

I was in NYC last weekend and really enjoyed being out at a club
and not smelling like an ash tray when we left!
(NYC has many other awful smells however)

Clubbing in the Southern USA (Tobacco Country) they will most likely never ban cigarette smoking unfortunately. You have to wash your clothes and shower as soon as you get home from the club, else everything stinks of from the second hand smoke.