Traktor Scratch. What mixer??

- open
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Traktor Scratch. What mixer??

Post by hotpace »

Just got Traktor 3 Scratch installed on my Mac. Want to buy a cheapish mixer so I can connect it to the Mac and listen to the tunes I'm gonna be bringing into the mix through headphones. Any suggestions??

Would these work with Traktor?

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/numark/dxm01usb

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/gemini/ps02

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/gemini/ps02_usb

Cheers.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

eeuh? Any mixer will do. As long as you don't buy an old Ecler SMAC-30, these don't work with TS. But otherwise, any mixer.
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

PsyTox wrote:eeuh? Any mixer will do. As long as you don't buy an old Ecler SMAC-30, thes e don't work with TS.But otherwise, any mixer.
:?:
why?
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

i believe you need an audio interface/sound card that has multiple outputs if you want to cue up anything...
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

revy wrote:i believe you need an audio interface/sound card that has multiple outputs if you want to cue up anything...
u get an audio8 with traktor tho..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

nathan_fr wrote:
PsyTox wrote:eeuh? Any mixer will do. As long as you don't buy an old Ecler SMAC-30, thes e don't work with TS.But otherwise, any mixer.
:?:
why?
It has something to do with the feature of that mixer that it has an internal ground lift or something like that. I only learned that when I had to play in Bruges and couldn't get the TS to work on both decks. Very strange. So afterwards I went online and found it on the NI website as a known issue.
It also gives problems with Serato btw, you can have the weird behavior that your deck plays backwards when connected to that type of mixer.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

iainkerr7 wrote:
revy wrote:i believe you need an audio interface/sound card that has multiple outputs if you want to cue up anything...
You only get the Audio 8 interface if you buy traktor scratch does not come with traktor 3 software
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Sneaky wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
You only get the Audio 8 interface if you buy traktor scratch does not come with traktor 3 software
the title of this thread is Traktor Scratch ???