how to get nice drum sounds

- ask away
Frederic Chopin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

how to get nice drum sounds

Post by Frederic Chopin »

hi guys.

i just started producing electronic music and recorded only acoustic music before.
so my problem is that i dont know how to get nice bases and snares.

could you give me a tip how to produce nice drums or do you maybe know some vsts or sound libraries which could be helpful?

sorry for my bad english. and thx!
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

hello,

your best bet is to use the search function, top right hand corner.

theres loads of stuff been written on this before, and in general on the internet.

if u have a specific question, i'll answer it though.

not being a jerk, its just that you'll get more info with the search button.

cheers.
/darko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by /darko »

i got another question on this topic, i hope its no problem that i use your thread for this one ..

i would be really interested in how to mix bassdrums ..
i am tryin so much, but dont get this particular sound i want to get .. im talkin about this kind of soft and dry, but although very kickin BD, which sounds like there were almost no deep frequencies in it .. hard to describe :)

here you can hear what i mean, its not the best example, but i think it should give you an idea of what im talkin about .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQkcGuiJsro

could someone pls tell me how the frequency image looks like .. any help is much appreciated .. cheers, darko
gimme that old fashioned morphine
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

hi darko,

yeah no problem,

once again this has been covered really well on this board.

search for topics about "kick and bass" or "kick" on the production forum here.

cheers.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Help a wigga out!

Just get waldorf attack or similair, get a 808/909 preset up, play with the adsr envolope, add some compression on the transient to bring the perceived volume up and voila, a kick.....

Dont spend ages with your kick though, get your track rocking first and mix evrything after youve actually got something to mix....
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

+1 for MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE

@Frederic Chopin try Waldorf Attack VST and
http://www.waldorfmusic.de/assets/files ... sounds.pdf

@/darko it sounds like a compressed 808 kick 4 me
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

wow....come on, thats too far. :lol:

help a wigga out was really funny, sure, but please, in the amount of time i could have posted one persons idea about kicks, he could have ready about 10 techniques in a thread. im all for helping people, but, there is better things to be read about than either of your guys answers above, not because they are bad info, but cause they arent really indepth. but there is a few threads worth reading on this stuff here that are accesible through the search button. theres just no point in repeating stuff sometimes.

but yeah, understand where u were coming from. help a wigga out though, so excellent.

good night anyhow, a little drunk and all that.
/darko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by /darko »

thanks for the tips so far ..

i've searched a lil bit in the producing subforum and found way more interessting tips, tricks and discussions as i could read in a few hours ..
got stuff to do for the next days :)

you got a lot of people on your board who know what they're talkin about .. i guess, i'll stay for a while ;)
gimme that old fashioned morphine