Question for experienced Battery users

- ask away
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Question for experienced Battery users

Post by db2 »

I've used Battery in the past but have recently used a lot of other samplers for my drum parts. I'm wondering, when I boot up Battery 3 the default midi map for the cells is a drum map. Does anybody know if there's an easy way to override that map with a chromatic/contiguous map so the sounds are layed out over each key? I think if I reprogram the default it still overrides with a drum map when I load up a created kit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

d
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

ANYBODY???

Is Battery not minimal enough for you guys? :lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

eh.....havent used it it years, and i cant help but feel that Native Instruments forum is a better place for the question, which i think i understand.

Do u want each sample to be allocated a key on a midi keyboard? Is that what u mean? explain more please, may be able to help.
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

Yes, thats what I mean, as it stands I have to rebuild a chromatic map one cell at a time everytime I load a kit. I use too many different kits to convert and resave them all.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

right, its hard for me to say without having a look at the programs, but i will donwload the demo when i get home.

i think i know what ur talking about, but isnt the default first cell set to c1 midi note anyway?

am i missing something here?
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

The default first cell is set to C1 but the following keys aren't laid out chromatically, they're set to the standard GM drum map, so they're in wierd groupings like a couple every 9 or 10 keys.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Lay the top row 12 across instead of 4 across.

Cheers.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

ok had a look, and the default setting is

1st row- 12 cells across
2nd row - 12 cells across

and they go.....

C1, C#1, D, Eb, F, F#, G etc........ for twelve, until the scale returns to.....
C2, C#2, D, Eb, F, ........etc

doesnt get more chromatic than that!

so, im confused as to your problem.

this drum map your talking about, how does that appear, maybe that would help solve your problem,

cheers.