I hate minimal techno

- open
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

I hate minimal techno

Post by Keagan »

Call me daft but I can't trick myself into liking this stuff anymore.

Up intill lastnight, I went on a techno boycott, I spent about 2 weeks listening to a lot of the brian blade fellowship, bobby byrd, A LOT of swans, lisa gerrerd, stax records, sonic youth, steve jordan... whatever. But nothing to do with electronic dance music.

I was so happy, not just with music, but my mood was glowing, and my friends said that i've been a lot more warm and friendly.

last night I put on axel bomans- jungle jesus, the last record I bought before going on my techno fast. I almost immediately felt my mood stoop real low. I tried that new eric johnson record after that, and then I gave up.

I hate this sh!t, I really do. I'll probably still listen to like Daniel bell and maybe some mark ashken, iz & diz or whatever. But for the most part, im done for a long while.

I am here by officially dropping ableton live and my 909 for my gretsch and drumkit.

extended leave
Last edited by Keagan on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

I'm done with it to man! I'm going back to house, including Jorge Savoretti, Pedro, Digitaline, Mikael Stavostrand and Ion Ludwig and that's it for me. To many cluttering of bad tracks, to much Hipness and no more feeling for the music any more. Everybody is minimal nowadays, but the creativity in the music itself is long freaking gone! It's a hype!

Bonkers!
inesb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by inesb »

strange topic for a "mnml" forum isn't it?
:?:
i mean, if i grow tired of something, i just quit it
but to announce it to a whole crowd who actually likes it? :roll:
chrisjechorek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by chrisjechorek »

lol
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

S.D.L wrote:I'm done with it to man! I'm going back to house, including Jorge Savoretti, Pedro, Digitaline, Mikael Stavostrand and Ion Ludwig and that's it for me.

reLOL
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

inesb wrote:strange topic for a "mnml" forum isn't it?
:?:
i mean, if i grow tired of something, i just quit it
but to announce it to a whole crowd who actually likes it? :roll:
It's not that strange really. I guess one just wants to see if anyone else feels the same way too.

Anyway about the content of the topic. I think its important not to force on oneself something. If you dont like something then dont listen/mix/produce/whatever that style.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

if you had to trick yourself into liking something in the first place maybe it wasnt meant to be.

i dont really think the word minimal has meant anything for about 5years, but just take a break for a while, you should be listening to different stuff anyway, only one genre is a quick way of getting depressed, if you want to be happy you need a bit of unpredictability in your life, so branch out etc.
Tromczynski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tromczynski »

You will be back soon. I guess we all had that short break when everything but miminal techno sounded nice. After a few days/weeks/months? you randomly play a dope track and realise that "fck me, this is some good sh!t"

Been recently listening to Archive, Muse, some trip-hopish stuff like DJ Shadow and Portishead + even James Brown and Ray Chalres and also felt amazing with it. It is Wighnomy Brothers (@SpringEight) grooving on my headphones now though.