soundcloud

- ask away
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

soundcloud

Post by 4am »

hi,
i just opened an account on www.soundcloud.com and i'm starting to test the features
anyone else on this platform?
and what are your opinions?
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=35076

Post by Hugues31 »

Hey !
Really interesting platform !
But I wonder how it will really work, it seems really hard to keep up the sign-ups closed to public and to have only professionnals musicians with the invit system.
I mean that there could be quickly bad use of this platform and it would lost all interest !

By the way i'm really interesting to be a part of it but I don't considere myself as a professionnals musicians, i wonder "who" have really is place on it ?

Can you explain how does it really work inside ?
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

we are on there too. ec50 are there as well, as well as many other pretty known artists in all genres.

best platform I've ever used. makes you want to communicate about your music and others plus there's so much good music on there. Very good for networking too. and the interface is the best one i've used and always improving.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

I'm in too but I don't use it much. When I browse this website I only find house tracks or such. I don't really like it I guess, there is a true lack of content to be considered as a music community (no groups, no possibility to advertise on the website, etc.).

But the player is really great ! Myspace should study this website at least for this feature :)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

zongo wrote:I'm in too but I don't use it much. When I browse this website I only find house tracks or such. I don't really like it I guess, there is a true lack of content to be considered as a music community (no groups, no possibility to advertise on the website, etc.).

But the player is really great ! Myspace should study this website at least for this feature :)
there's a lot of house artists there because the people behind it are mainly house producers i think. There are quite a few minimal heads there though. I like the fact that you can use it as an alternative to yousendit and all those things. plus its far easier to comment on tracks and makes people really participate.

perhaps we could start an mnml.nl group there. i still have some invites, so hit me up if you are interested...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

You're absolutely right about the comments thing. I like the idea of being able to comment inside the player.

[For those who don't know how this work, let's say you're listening to a track from a guy and you specially like when the drums kick in at 1:03. So you can comment on this particular event and your comment is shown directly on the player. Awesome idea !]
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

Oh btw, I have 1 invitation left. So feel free to PM me if you want it ;)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I just got it now. I like it so far. Ill probablly upload some stuff tonight and get it rollin.