[UK] LEEDS 18.4 - TWADDLE - Donk Boys (live) & Matt Tolf

any
twaddle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[UK] LEEDS 18.4 - TWADDLE - Donk Boys (live) & Matt Tolf

Post by twaddle »

tWaDdLe's 2nd BIRTHDAY!!! @ Myhouse Fri 16th May with DONK BOYS (live) and MATT TOLFREY (leftroom)

Friday 16th May
£5 B4 11 £6 Guesty/NUS £8 After
£1 Beer
£1.50 Spirit Mixer
£1.50 VK Ice

DONK BOYS
(Frankie/Floppy Funk/Trapez)

MATT TOLFREY
(Leftroom/tWaDdLe)

BrotherBull&Skipper
(tWaDdLe)

CTMS
(tWaDdLe)

Gav Paul
(SoapBox)

Know Your DJs:

--DONK BOYS--

Donk Boys are two mentally okay guys from Malmö, Sweden, who make mentally sometimes not so okay music. The boys, both with a bunch of solo EPs out on their own (as Bauri/Deltidseskapism and Thomas Jaldemark), joined forces in their shared flat to produce their special donk sound. Bored by (some of) todays generic techno sounds, they try to distinguish themselves by incorporating humour, freaky sounds and twisted arrangements to their tracks. The Donk Boys will definitely be something to look out for in the future. Their debut wax was released summer 07 on Frankie Records and more releases has followed on labels like Frankie, Floppy Funk, SiteHolder UnCut & Plak.

Here is what the Donkers have been up to in the studio...
Donk Boys - Jambalaya EP (Trapez 086)
Todd Sines - Thick Satin (Donk Boys Remix) (Frankie 030) :
Donk Boys - Hoppetoss EP (Floppy Funk 016)
Donk Boys - Doozer EP (Frankie 029)
V/A - It's About Time (incl. "Good Night") (KPM Recordings 001)
Donk Boys - Triangelen EP (SiteHolder UnCut 007)
Jani Bravo - Blip Blip (Donk Boys Remix) (Mgroover Rec)
Donk Boys - Jacula EP (Plak 016)
V/A - Minimum und Maximum 12" (incl. "Kaav") (Kaufe Musik 004)
V/A - Superconductivity MP3 (incl. "Buk") (Kreatur Musik 005)
Keisuke Kondo - Joyride EP (2 x Donk Boys RMX) (Frankie 025)
Donk Boys - Sing Along With 12" (Floppy Funk 013)
Frankie - Rawk EP (2 x Donk Boys RMX) (Frankie 024)
Donk Boys - Cpstyre 12" (Frankie Rec 023)
Donk Boys - Aliens vs Manatees MP3 EP (Kreatur Musik 004)
V/A - 24:Hours Vol 1 (incl. "Good Night Detroit") (24:Hours Rec) .

--MATT TOLFREY--

tWaDdLe also welcomes the twadfather Matt Tolfrey for his 4th appearance at twaddle HQ. We've said it before, but Matt really did help tWaDdLe step it up several gears when he blew that upstairs room at MyHouse apart in Febrary 2007.
Every time he's been back he proves what a performer he is and it's only right he's helping us celebrate our birthday.

For the last few years, everything has been falling into place for Matt Tolfrey. He quickly stepped up from playing at local bars to holding down residencies at Stealth and The Bomb, two of the country’s most respected underground clubs. He’s been billed alongside the likes of Richie Hawtin, Damian Lazarus, Craig Richards, Ricardo Villalobos and Andy Weatherall to name just a (very) few. He’s played at some of the best clubs in the UK, including regular slots at Fabric, and worldwide he’s guested everywhere from Ibiza , to Berlin, to Australia. As well as all this, he’s running two of his own labels named Leftroom and Leftroom Limited (www.leftroom.com), and he has tracks signed to labels with co-producer Craig Sylvester. Recently Matt also has teamed up with Crosstown Rebels, by joining the new Rebel DJ Agency.

So how did he come so far so quickly? The answer is simple. Matt is a workaholic with a seemingly tireless dedication to forging his own unique style. Drawing on everything from deep house and techno, through to stripped down bleeps and Germanic mayhem, he’s spawned his own hybrid strain of electronic funk. Anyone lucky enough to have already witnessed Matt in action will know that his particular brand of mutant-house has the power to win hearts and destroy minds on the dance floor.

We finally made it to the 2nd birthday!

Thank you to all the artists that have graced our special party, and more importantly, thank you guys for making our event what it is and creating an atmosphere that is just electric.
Big shout out to Mossa, who sent the crowd wild with his very distinctive, pumping, choppy style. I think everyone will agree that this man did not disappoint, and don't be surprised to see him all over the twaddle decks again in the future &) Buckley rounded things off nicely, good to see once again such a high calibre of performers, both from near and far, coming together at tWaDdLe.

Now, back to business...We think it's particularly fitting that helping us celebrate will be the man who took us into the party stratosphere, Matt Tolfrey, and those crazy Swedish kids the Donk Boys, notorious for their wonky, jacking techno on labels such as Frankie, Floppy Funk and Trapez.
Speaking of Floppy Funk...As if celebrating the birthday wasn't enough we would also like to let everyone know about a very special forthcoming release on Floppy, who have released tracks by artists such as Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts, Frankie, Donk Boys, Hugo, Tigerskin, Dapayk, Mossa and many more.... The next Floppy release will be the 'tWaDdLe EP' as a timely dedication to our night, with the 4 tracker being produced by one of our head residents Tom Ellis. Thanks to Tom for his dedication to the cause and to Floppy Funk for being so... floppy. Let the celebrations begin!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i take 20 beers pleas!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Looks like I might be journeying up from liverpool for this one. I'm really into the Donk Boy's sound, so is too good a chance to miss.

Any recommendations of cheap hotels in the area? The club seems to be quite near to the station (is that right?) so if someone can recommend me a cheap place to stay over then me and my girl will come along!

@ Thomas - I'll buy you a beer, but only one ok? And no Spirit Mixers either - they are £1.50!!! ;-p
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

the etap is pretty cheap and about 2mins walk from the club...

http://www.etaphotel.com/etaphotel/fich ... otel.shtml
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Nice one, thanks for that!

Looking at the photos on the Twaddle site it looks like a small, friendly, fun club, and I'm sure the Donk Boys will get it rocking, so count me in!!
twaddle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twaddle »

10 before and 10 after thomas that okay? :D
twaddle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twaddle »

Have pm'd you rich.
sonofradiator
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sonofradiator »

Nice one for this booking guys - enjoy the donkyness! Their live set at Delete in feb was pure insanity, and lovely guys to boot! The Donks will do you proud. :)
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord