[Siteholder Records 6] Huge Hephner - Pimp Slappin' EP

- wax
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder Records 6] Huge Hephner - Pimp Slappin' EP

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER RECORDS
Siteholder Records is the brainchild of Chicago natives Billy Dalesandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel
Mnookin. Residing in the city that gave house music its name, Siteholder strives to combine the various
elements of modern techno with the jackin’ rhythms that put their hometown on the electronic music
map. Siteholder releases command you to get out of your chair, charge the dance floor, and get
down to some serious beats.

Artist: Huge Hephner
Title: Pimp Slappin' EP
Format: 12” Vinyl | Digital
Cat. No.: SH006
Release Date: Vinyl - April 2008 | Digital - Friday, April 11, 2008 @ Beatport)

————— Tracks ——–——

A1 Pimp Slappin'
B1 Let's Play Freak
B2 Stop Motion
** Funk Drop Scenario (Billy Dalessandro Rmx)

PIMP SLAPPIN'
“Pimp Slappin’”, “Let’s Play Freak”, and “Stop Motion”. If this were an episode of the game show Jeopardy and the following track titles represented an answer, the correct question would undoubtedly be “What is a Huge Hephner EP?”. After his highly successful debut (“Booty Drop EP”) on Siteholder UnCut, as well as various remix projects, the funk slut himself returns with his virgin vinyl effort for Siteholder Records.

Following what he calls a “highly inspirational” trip to the strip clubs and whorehouses of Las Vegas, Hephner took his sexual adventures and turned them into an EP that couples ass-shaking funk with in-your-face bass. It seems that his pimpin’ escapades have finally found an outlet that won’t land him in jail, but instead on some of the sickest sound systems our planet’s nightclubs have to offer.

On the digital exclusive tip, Huge comes at us with another curveball entitled “Funk Drop Scenario” - remixed by Billy Dalessandro. The track marks the initial collaboration between the two, combining a seasoned production veteran with one of the state’s hottest up and cumers. Ultra deep in its tone, the track represents another side of Hephner that shows there is more to the man than strip clubs, coke binges, hooker parties, and fine liquors…at least, that’s what he’d like you to think.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

lets play freak I like.
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

am i gonna have to dust off my pimp hand and smack a bitch to get down with these beats? YEAAAaaaah! oh no i di-ant!!! Image
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SH006

Post by Dantron »

JNX wrote:am i gonna have to dust off my pimp hand and smack a bitch to get down with these beats? YEAAAaaaah! oh no i di-ant!!! Image
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SH006

Post by Dantron »

OUT NOW on vinyl...out April 11th on Beatport...

Huge Hephner – Pimp Slappin’ EP (SH006) FEEDBACK:

Alland Byallo (Floppy Funk / Kontrol / liebe*detail) – “All three tracks are bombs!!! It’s rare to find a release that doesn’t have a weak track. ‘Let’s Play Freak’ and ‘Pimp Slappin’ are the ones I'll be addicted to! BOMBS, I say!”

Bill Patrick (Robots NYC) – “Wicked release...really digging ‘Let’s play Freak’ a lot! Funky and super dope groove. Will get radio and club play. Loving the deeper sounds of ‘Funk Drop Scenerio’ as well.”

Butane (Alphahouse / Dumb Unit / Mos Ferry) – “Hot sh!t. I swear sometimes Billy is in my head.”

Chris Fortier (Bedrock / Balance / Fade Records) – “This is another cool piece. I like ‘Stop Motion’ for the deep vibe. I like ‘Let’s Play Freak’ best, with a bit more energy…and the Billy Dalessandro remix again shows his mastery. Thanks very much!”

Dario Zenker (Balkon / Esperanza / Num) – “Thanks a lot. I really like ‘Funk Drop Scenario’…cheers!”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “Ez amigo...great stuff as ever, thanks for sending. I'm playing ‘Pimp Slappin’ and Billy's remix. Keep’em coming!!!”

Jeff Samuel (Poker Flat / Trapez) – “I really like ‘Stop Motion’...this is the way minimal is supposed to sound. Huge constructed a really interesting groove out of barely anything. Great work, will play!”

Jenks (Alphahouse) – “Damn, another one! Every Siteholder release gets dropped at the Alphahouse party. Keep up the sick work fellas.”

Justin Drake of Peace Division (Crosstown Rebels / NRK Sound Division / Tsuba Records) – “Thanks for the promo. I like the sound of the Dalessandro mix.”

Loco Dice (Cadenza / Desolat / M_nus) – “Thanks for the tracks. Dalessandro’s remix of ‘Funk Drop Scenario’ is cool deep stuff!”

Mark Henning (Clever Music / Einmaleins Musik / Frankie Rec. / Trapez) – “I like this! First things in about 10 promo packages that hasn’t got binned instantly! I’ll play ‘Let’s Play Freak’ and Billy’s remix…cheers.”

Mazi Namvar (Brique Rouge / Dessous / Gourmet) – “I think all three original tracks are very well produced and stand out. Hope it rocks for ya!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “Oh my god…dude, what the fck is this sh!t? ‘Funk Drop Scenario – Dalessandro Remix’ is SICKNESS! FUCKING DOPENESS!”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Love the original ‘Pimp Slappin’ track. Thumpity bounce!”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “Again, super booty shaking stuff. I will definitely bang ‘Pimp Slappin’ and Billy's remix. SUPPORT!!!”
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

a1+b1
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

best gabber i've heard in a while
Dantron
mnml mmbr