Best nearfield monitors and DAC for home studio?

- ask away
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Best nearfield monitors and DAC for home studio?

Post by 212121 »

And after reading:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end ... twin6.html
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end ... twins.html

I think i'll already have like 6000 euros in the next 3 or 4 months!

What are the current best studio monitors? I use them at home, so I won't play too loud, I need something nearfield! And what about the DAC?

Should i get the "Klein & Hummel O300 + Benchmark DAC-1" combination? wich has very good feedback!

I want the best for ELECTRONIC music only

But about the DAC Alex Roudos said that "everyone that compared it to the DAC1 said that the DA 10 is better"
and he also said "i'll wait until and if i have the money to upgrade to the highest end of dacs like the Prism or Lavry Gold."

Are those DAC's really better? should i save a little more and buy them? where can i find them in europe?

Thanks all
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

leave some money for acoustic treatment too.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i know there are some great monitors out there, but how necessary is it to have the absolute killer top of the line monitors?

in my opinion...after awhile your ear does adjust to what your ears are listening to, and you make the correct adjustments for it to be a well balanced mix whether your monitors are giving you the absolute flattest representation or not...

for example i have some krk rokit8s and i find that the higher frequencies are misrepresented on them in that they are bright on the monitors but take that recording anywhere else and youll find it lacking....also the bass is a bit understated on them, and then on any other system...i got way too much bass

and now i dont really notice that im making the adjustments, i just do them and im happy
signatures suck