Monitor Volume levels.

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Monitor Volume levels.

Post by victorgonzales »

So.. I have been told a couple different things and Im not sure if there is any difference.

When stteing the volume level on you rmonitors do you do max volume on the soundcard volume then adjust your volume on the monitors? I have been told to do this, THen I have also been told to just leave the monitors at half volume no matter what the soundcard volume.

Anyone know of the RIGHT way to set your monitor volume to your interface or if the even IS a right way?
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Monitor Volume levels.

Post by ksandvik »

victorgonzales wrote:So.. I have been told a couple different things and Im not sure if there is any difference.

When stteing the volume level on you rmonitors do you do max volume on the soundcard volume then adjust your volume on the monitors? I have been told to do this, THen I have also been told to just leave the monitors at half volume no matter what the soundcard volume.

Anyone know of the RIGHT way to set your monitor volume to your interface or if the even IS a right way?
It's best to protect the monitors and set the volume half-way or so. Sometimes some audio tools might by mistake crank up the audio levels on the computer. --Kent
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

My soundcard levels are set to 0, while i adjust the overall loudness on the amp. It's better like that because you avoid unecessary clipping.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I used to have a problem with ground loop, when my (active) moniters were turned up to the max, now i have them about half way up and i ant hear it.

I think maxing the moniter volume amplified the hum.
oz_music
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oz_music »

best thing is to buy one dac(benchmark)volume controller and set evrything to zero.
i aint got one but i know is the best thing.
you know that if your soundcard and host programm isnt at zero point you are losing bits..thats the best thing to do.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I used to have a problem with ground loop, when my (active) moniters were turned up to the max, now i have them about half way up and i ant hear it.

get one of the little three prong to two prong converters - that kills ground loops... two pieces of gear are grounded on the same circut causing the feedback.... its an easy fix...
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Thanks man......

There pretty cheap too...
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 212121 »

Measax wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I used to have a problem with ground loop, when my (active) moniters were turned up to the max, now i have them about half way up and i ant hear it.

get one of the little three prong to two prong converters - that kills ground loops... two pieces of gear are grounded on the same circut causing the feedback.... its an easy fix...
Whats that? link please