[LeftLp002S] MarcAshken - Have You Seen My Dancing Shoes?

- wax
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[LeftLp002S] MarcAshken - Have You Seen My Dancing Shoes?

Post by tolfrey »

Album sampler. Out 19th November.

- Cupcake
- Succubus
- Loaf
- Empty Room

When you meet MarcAshken, you realise he's not just another techno producer. Far from it, Ashken is not just another anything, he's unique, a man with his own style and outlook and he's ready to share it with you.

'Have You Seen My Dancing Shoes' is Marc's debut album on Leftroom. It is a collection of tracks and skits taken from a period of 6 months where his whole focus was on this project. There is a mix of house, breakbeat, techno, minimal and downtempo. Marc writes the music for all the instruments, all the vocals are sung by Marc, and the engineering and production is all from him. We hope you get lost in it as much as we have.

This is the 4 track vinyl sampler set to tease you before the full album release at the end of November, which has already been compared to the work of Matthew Herbet.

This year Marc has released EP's on Leftroom under his full name MarcAshken and labels Esperanza and Archipel under his alias SozAdams. He was also recently asked to remix Unkle's new single 'Burn My Shadow.'

Samples at www.myspace.com/marcashken.

Some dj feedback already.

Claude Von Stroke – “You guys don't get a fair shake cause you do techno outside of "the Fatherland." But your dropping sh!t that is better than 99% of most. Wait till the middle of cupcake and then whooaaaa!! nice sounds, nice production, etc. etc.

Luciano - "Got it and like it."

Lee Jones – (MyMy) – “Succubus is excellent. Nice and silly.”

Laurent Garnier – “Cup Cake and Loaf… good fucked up sh!t… will play!”

Kiki – “It was marc ashken´s track on the very 1st leftroom release which originally draw my attention to the label, so fair enough it´s him to debut with the album on the label. would definitely like to hear the whole of the album for a proper feedback, but in the meanwhile i´m enjoying especially "cup cake" to play and "empty room" for listening...”

Josh Wink – “Succubus for me.”

Ewan Pearson – “Can’t wait for the album - Loaf jumps out on first listen but I think I can play all these.”
Last edited by tolfrey on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

killer album !!!!!!!!
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

unique person, i cant disagree on this.
but unique producer also.

A M A Z I N G W O R K! 8)
phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »

wicked tracks, whole album sounds amazing too!
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

loaf
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

works really well as an album, has some killer tracks you could play on their own, has the man himself looking camp as christmas on the cover, a winner all round IMO
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

Cupcake is absolutely sick. The build up in the middle of the track is one of the most insane things I've heard since 'Roots Dyed Dark'

Looking forward to this.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Put me down for a copy of this...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com