Marcel Dettman vs Ben Klock??

- open
russ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Marcel Dettman vs Ben Klock??

Post by russ »

any opinions here about these two dj's? i know they're both residents at the berghain and that they're both very good! how would you compare the two (personalities, mixing technique, playing style, music selection, overall vibe, etc)? this is regarding a potential booking. many thanks.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

if you have to ask these questions, maybe you shouldn´t book either of them. or maybe I´m stupid and didn´t get the question. ?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

any opinions here about these two dj's? i know they're both residents at the berghain and that they're both very good! how would you compare the two (personalities, mixing technique, playing style, music selection, overall vibe, etc)? this is regarding a potential booking. many thanks.
If you know they're good, then why do you need to know about mixing technique, style, music selection?
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

book them both. nuff said.
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

Book Ben. He has a catchy name.
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Ben is very handsome :wink: so if you expect more girls at your party, book him, and put his photo on the flyer. you won't go wrong :lol:
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

have only seen ben and can give him the big thumbs up. s.k. is right, ben is a looking boy (and a nice one to boot). but more importantly, the guy can play. great, tough, interesting rocking tech.

here is a liveset of his from march:

http://monopark.heitkamp-computer.de/se ... 3-2007.mp3
russ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by russ »

patrick bateman wrote:
If you know they're good, then why do you need to know about mixing technique, style, music selection?
I haven't heard either play--just heard they're good dj's. The more you know about a dj, the easier it is to choose the dj best suited for your own event, as every event has its own character. Nothing more to it than that guys! But anyway, thanks for the feedback.