Your Favourite Vst's for Bass?

- ask away
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Your Favourite Vst's for Bass?

Post by acos1 »

Hey all i was just wondering what Vst's u use for bass? I have been using Spectrasonics Trilogy in nearly all of my productions now for quite some time and i have begun to get quite frustrated with its lack of adjustable parameters and also im beginning to find it sound quite grainy and cheap although it can produce some nice low tones. Before this i was quite a fan of the Artura Mini Moog which i found gave me some satisfying results. Anyway i know its all about experimentation but i was just wondering what Vst's people could recommend me in this area. cheers!
mpc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mpc »

i say the a1 vst thats in cubase sx3, i understood it could not be used in other sequencers. :(
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Synth 1 is a workhorse for me. It sounds good and it is very easy to tune to the sound you want.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

i use 3 synths, mimonsta, fm8 and synth 1.

minimonsta has it's own character fm8 is very versatile and synth one is just fucking fun to use.

these are the only three synths i use, and i can make bass sounds on all of them, depends what i want, if i want a moogish character then i use the minimoog (minimonsta), clean raw fm bass then fm8, although with proper eq compression and fx an fm bass can sound very warm and full.

i say BUY a synth, this way your fucking wallet will experience a loss in weight and your mind will be telling you to get to know the synth better and better because youve spent money on it.

i took these two and i am very satisfied with them.

maybe buy a complicated (versatile) synth and learn that, it will be a harder route but a much much more rewarding one!
eg: Fm8, Absynth, Moog Modular V2, Arp2600(fucking good educational synth),....... i wouldnt suggest reaktor.

Dont get me wrong its a fucking good instrument, but theres this tendancy that you will start just fooling around with all the ensembles and presets and download more and more ensembles from the NI website and not spend time learning one ensemble thouroughly in it.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sometimes pro 53, sometimes korg poly.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

+1 for New Guy!

i prefer trilogy..very powerful
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

I must say, I really like FM8 now for a lot of bass productions, that and Logic Pro's EFM1. Who would have thought I would use FM synthesis for bass lines, long time ago DX sounds IMHO were so weak compared with analog bass lines (Jupiter, Prophet). --Kent
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

-reaktor
-minivogue
-vanguard
-Toxic III
-Albino 3
-Blue
-synth 1

All about knowledge of the synth, the rob papen vsts are great once you know the flow of the synth...

I would say though, I use, Battery or Reaktor drum ensembles for my basslines, more funk for the bag.