Ableton and Hardaware ?

- ask away
pomps200
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ableton and Hardaware ?

Post by pomps200 »

Hi everybody i just got my 24 inche imac and i been using drums machine and synth all my life. now to go to the point is there anyway that i can use the effect of ableton on my hardaware wihtout recording the sound and then applying the filters. Also if anyone got an mc-909 how can i sequence each channel of the midi to the mc-909. Example the kick is in channel one on the drummachine and i want ableton to sequnce that form the computer and also the hi hats is on channel 2, if you get the idea plase help i have asked in many forums and this is one of my last resources. thanks..
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

rtm
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

your welcome!
:lol:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

manual will explain everything.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
dvdt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dvdt »

RTFM ? you are mean hehe
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

nono. no F here. just rtm :)
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ableton and Hardaware ?

Post by 4am »

pomps200 wrote:Hi everybody i just got my 24 inche imac and i been using drums machine and synth all my life. now to go to the point is there anyway that i can use the effect of ableton on my hardaware wihtout recording the sound and then applying the filters. Also if anyone got an mc-909 how can i sequence each channel of the midi to the mc-909. Example the kick is in channel one on the drummachine and i want ableton to sequnce that form the computer and also the hi hats is on channel 2, if you get the idea plase help i have asked in many forums and this is one of my last resources. thanks..
if i understand you right:

for your first question you will have to deal with the latency of your soundcard. if you want ableton to treat your signal in real time through the effects. unless you have an rme or something similar i wouldn't suggest to go this way... and even with an outstanding audio interface it will not be easy

to sequence the mc 909 from your computer just assign a different midi channel to each instrument track of the mc 909. in other words you should use the mc909 just as an external tone generator.

reading the manual is an excellent idea too :wink: