[Connect Four 004] Jonny White - Musique Noire (DASO RMX)

- wax
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Connect Four 004] Jonny White - Musique Noire (DASO RMX)

Post by patrick bateman »

Artist: Jonny White & James Teej
Title: Music Noire / Full Night
Format: Vinyl 12” + Digital
Cat.No.: C4004

Tracks (click to listen to preview):
A1: Musique Noire (Daso Remix)
A2: Musique Noire
B1: Full Night
B2: Full Night (Red Circle Remix)
Digital: Musique Noire (Jack Rock Millennium Mix)

Connect Four Records
We are proud and happy about the wide acclaim that our first three releases were met with – and are anxious to present our fourth instalment – this time from Canadian newcomer Jonny White.

It’s a cliché to use these two words, we admit. But nevertheless it’s the words most commonly used to describe Jonny White. Cutting edge. In Toronto - a city blessed with so many music enthusiasts and more dance floor square footage than anywhere in North America - Jonny White has quickly become one of the most sought after DJs for those in the know.

His sound is electro tinged minimal/techno filled with strange and unique strings, synths and sounds, dirty retro baselines and a distinct 80s influence. Ranging all the way from dark, sexy and minimal to explosive, edgy tech, Jonny is able to flow seamlessly from one sound to the next putting as much emphasis on mixing as he does programming.

Musique Noire (Daso Remix):

Daso from Germany was the man for the remix job, creating a floor burning minimal bomber. A very convincing remix mastering the fine art of keeping the original material recognizable and still rearranging and transforming the track very dramatically.

Musique Noire:
The original version is the dark, hypnotic, electroish though still minimal stuff that gets the blood pumping and heart thumping. Dance around alone in the smoke with this track and you’ll see what it can do to you, it’s a builder!

Full Night:
C4 headquarter favourite on the release. A long tech-housey build up breaks down and explodes into a hypnotic monster! Close your eyes and dance.

Full Night (Red Circle Remix):
Red Circle, Toronto based label, did the remix here, and have made a very relaxed version that suits very well for warm-up or afterhours.

Musique Noire (Jack Rock Millennium Mix):
Local hero Jack Rock (known from his WIR and Treibstoff releases) turns Musique Noire into a MONSTER !!
Last edited by patrick bateman on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Updated with better sounds clips!

:wink:
Farabee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Farabee »

Damn fine record as always, Pat. Very nice, chill tech-house tunes on the set-closing tip.

Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll find much purchase with the folks on this board. But you still know how to pick 'em in this kid's opinion!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Farabee wrote:Damn fine record as always, Pat. Very nice, chill tech-house tunes on the set-closing tip.

Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll find much purchase with the folks on this board. But you still know how to pick 'em in this kid's opinion!
I know what you mean, but what the hell :D

here's more feedbacks from big boys:

Hernan Cattaneo (Renaissance):
Good record, original and Daso mix sounds good. I will play!!

Guy Gerber (Cocoon):
Digging this!!

Jamie Jones (Crosstown Rebels/PokerFlat/Cocoon/Freak'n Chik/Connaiseur):
Digging the Musique Noire original, it's been massive for me the last few weekends...Nice 1!!!

Stacey Pullen (Blackflag Recordings):
Musique Noire: a dark and sinister groove that tickles the soul with its melodic undertones. A good track for dj's to play if they love quality music.

Daso remix: from the first beat, i knew this track was hypnotic and forever pullen you back in the beat for more."

Hector Romero (SAW)
It's a good one!!!

Timo Maas:
I like very much the Jonny White release. I was playing it on Sonar Set last Friday in Barcelona and it works!

Mateo Murphy:
Thanks for the promo. Red Circle and Jack Rock mixes are my favourites.

Barem (M_nus):
Nice record!

Pheek (Archipel):
Very well produced, quality music.

Sian (Karmarouge):
Very nice ep!! Love the Daso remix especially.

DJ Chloe:
Full Night remix - this is what deep is all about. Stunning. 10! Warm up chooooooon funk.

Dave Twomey (Japan):
Solid stuff. I like the millennium rock remix the best

Freska (Stil Vor Talent):
Jack Rock Millennium Mix is amazing!!! Will play it)

Coyu (Barcelona):
The remix of Daso is great! I will play it a lot, for sure ;)

Jeff Shelton (Reverse):
Love the Red Circle Remix of Full Night, really sets the mood early and the original of Musique Noir will get the crowd going. Get release, something for everyone in this package.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Raveline review:

Vierte Veröffentlichung des dänischen Tic Tac Toe Sublabels Connect Four mit dem Erstlingswerk des kanadischen Newcomers Jonny White. Wer sich mit seiner Veröffentlichung in die Reihe von Pheek, Trentemöller oder Sian einreihen darf, der muss sein Handwerk von der Pieke auf gelernt haben. "Music Noire" hält was der Name verspricht. Düster, schwarz und hypnotisch sind die Adjektive, die diesen Track am ehesten umschreiben. Treibend und perkussiv geht Daso Franke an seine Remixarbeit. Ihn dürften einige schon von seinen Connaisseur Veröffentlichungen her kennen. Auf der B Seite geht es reduzierter mit "Full night" weiter, inklusive eines Remix von den Leute von Red Circle Music.

5/6