Villalobos on Fire...

- open
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Villalobos on Fire...

Post by primevil »

Is it just me, or Ricardo in sensational form this year? His current mixture of old skool house&techno grooves and new skool shizzle, is really where its at for me at the moment......

Roll on the summer!
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

I agree that he is really on top of it atm, but he's always played the old house and techno stuff.
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

saw him and he was on fire. Seems like he is always on fire?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I prefer him as a DJ than a producer, even though he is talented at both. Ricardo understands there is a time and a place for minimal as well as peak time jams. A lot of the minimal followers only pay attention to the minimal aspect. It's like the same thing with Surgeon and dark techno. Surgeon is very funky, but his followers only imitate by playing darker stuff and they miss half the picture.

Luciano is also really good right now as well. He used to be a sloppy DJ but now he's skilled all around from track selection to decent DJing.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Yeah I really enjoyed Luciano's set at demf... it was a perfect build from start to finish and captured my mood perfectly that day.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

yeah, ricardo is on fire! saw him 2 weeks ago here in portugal. dropping minimal, funky house, deep techno and even the odd genre-less tune... proper 4 hour trip. 8)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Agree, and what i love more are those loopy techno housy white labels from 10 years ago! Any DJ who can play them now is just awesome! Respect!

I admire the guy for his insight and ability to "make his transition" by bringing new sounds to the table each time i hear him which really keeps him ahead of the pack.

By the pack I mean Luciano + Arpiar crew + some other Chilian acts which are all very good but perhaps to some extent execute what Ricardo has already put down. They emulate the guy which is great but lets not forget who is the master.

I love his rough mixing and sometimes mismatching because it reminds me that this DJ stuff should not be taken too seriously and is all in the name of fun and having a good time!
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I prefer him as a DJ than a producer, even though he is talented at both. Ricardo understands there is a time and a place for minimal as well as peak time jams. A lot of the minimal followers only pay attention to the minimal aspect. It's like the same thing with Surgeon and dark techno. Surgeon is very funky, but his followers only imitate by playing darker stuff and they miss half the picture.
100% agree with this, and this is what seperates the big boys from the bedroom kids