Dj Konte aka loop.thief

- free art
amphetax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Dj Konte aka loop.thief

Post by amphetax »

Mandrila Laurentiu known as Dj Konte. 18 years old and born in Bucharest (Romania). Started stealing loops and samples few months ago. He's shitty implementation of stolen loops got him castawayed for good from microme label (and i hope, from music world iteself). Thanks to my stupidity, he got his 5 minutes of fame. And now, it's all history...
Last edited by amphetax on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

what happend to the end of the tracks ? it seems that they are cutted before !
Last edited by DJ L'embrouille on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amphetax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by amphetax »

DJ L'embrouille wrote:what happend to the end of the tracks ? it seems that they are cutted before !
Dj Konte is producing for few months now, as he's incredibly talented, if you ask me, he needs to improve quite a bit at some fields (we all do, don't we?). One of those fileds is end of his songs i can't not agree with you (or however you write/spell that). :D
While i was doing final mastering i have decided to leave them intact. Why? Well, as that might sound unprofessional, i wanted to leave that "feel" which i've senced in his songs.. cuted end went fine with his raw production and sound. Inherently, songs are relatively short and fixing the ends would make them even more shorter.
With his second EP/LP, we'll aim not to have so raw ends.
Thanks for your comments.
Not even Hänsel is what Gretel used to be.
http://www.audio-lab.org
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

this is what i used to think....[i just give a big up for this guy...is very nice to begin producing like this...just minor things to improve but i like it]....what i think now he is piece sht.... very dirty job, very stupid way to begin production...a lot of things to improve maybe you just don´t enough crativity to do something for ppl...
Last edited by juanm2t on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

damn, i'm in. was a bit confused when i heard for the first time the tracks and ask myself 'i've yet heard this sound'. listened them more carefully tonight and indeed, some (all ?) tracks are using loops diffused in produktshallplaten (produktloops vol1 and perhaps also vol2). for example, H20 is almost done with byte 2 of Djeho Youn and Chocolate Bubble with Red Kite's dib etc... (seem that lot of ones are on the same way).

well, i'm not sure these loops are done for that but sure you should be large more clear about that.

don't know, perhaps i'm wrong (and dj konte yet contacted produkt team), just tell me what you think about that.

:?:

:(
Last edited by DJ L'embrouille on Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

My first reaction: I'm a star, I got sampled! :D

DJ Konte is "producing" for a few months now and he even figured out how to play loops! :roll:

The tracks "Chocolate Bubbles", "Cold Fusion", "Impulse" and "Oblivion" consist 100% of my loops, released on the two Produkt Loop compilations. Nothing was added or changed in any way! Another loop was used for "Organised Chaos", the rest of the basic loops for the tracks can be found in the Produkt releases as well, including Shadi Megallaa, Sebastian Steimel, Djeho Youn and some others.

I would actually feel quite honoured if I or Produkt Schallplatten had been informed about this.

Again: The loops are for use in live sets, not for own produtions. If you wanna sample some of the loops you can contact Produkt and it shouldn't be a problem, but not like this!

It is of course good to see how the loops are around and keep inspiring people, but this can't be even called "inspiring"...

That's my statement - the rest is up to Sebastian from Produkt. Watch out for the headhunters! :twisted:
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

so it seems that all of the tracks are contamined ! there are also two tracks made by bayt & konte, are they also in this case ?

perhaps you should remove that from your site :

"Mandrila Laurentiu aka DJ Konte. This very very talented and young producer from Romania gave us a delicius LP that he was preparing for the last few months. Belive it or not, DJ Konte started to produce music this year (2007!) and you will see that producing expirience doesn't play a main role here. He's tracks are more beautiful than X % of today's professional productions (belive me on this one!)."

in fact, if you wasn't aware before, sure that these tracks sound good for a young producer ! more, this ep was for example the most ever rated in minimalnet.

so, thumbs up for the loopmakers ! sure that the loops are great ! :D
Last edited by DJ L'embrouille on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

"Belive it or not"

I don't believe it :roll: