Logic express 7?

- ask away
m jaco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Logic express 7?

Post by m jaco »

Was browsing on the apple website and saw this version is muc cheaper than logic pro...Anyone know anything about logic express 7 and how it is for producing? Can you still use any software vst on the express version? Also what are the big differences between the express version and the pro version? My funds aren't up to par at the moment to get logic pro so I was thinking about getting this version or just saving up a couple hundred extra to get ableton 6...
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

It only takes AU-format plugins I think, but that shouldn't be a problem, loads of those around.

There is a comparison chart at apple.com, but anyway; major differences, AFAIK; the hottest plugins are missing, such as space designer and ultrabeat. Interfacing with external gear is less smooth. Less tracks, inserts and busses than pro (but still more than any recent computer can manage).

A musician friend of mine bought a copy of Express a couple of days ago, and I haven't heard from him since, so I guess he's happy with it :)

Cheers
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

aallvor wrote: A musician friend of mine bought a copy of Express a couple of days ago, and I haven't heard from him since, so I guess he's happy with it :)
Cheers
:lol:

http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/comparison.html
heres the chart btw.
m jaco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m jaco »

nice thxs for the chart! I think I'm gonna just save up a couple hundred extra and get ableton 6
clinc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clinc »

Logic express is by far one of the best options when it comes to creation and sequencing.
It is true that natively, Logic only supports AU. However, all you would need to do is purchase something known as a vst wrapper, or download an open source version (free). Basically all it does is give the program tha capability to run VST plugins by emulating a host AU plugin that can run VST instruments.

Hpoe that helps!

Ableton + logic express/PRO rewired= LIMITLESS

ClinC
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Yes. Logic express is a very, very capable program and a real joy to use for all kinds of things. I love working on it when I do...

I wish, I sooo wish there was a piano roll editor like logic's in Nuendo...
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

you can do a lot with express and it is a good starting point but I would seriously consider pro based on features...I don't know what I would do with out some of the listed plugins that you don't get in express and I know of some other features that may be limited within the sample editing etc. But, for 299 it is still the best product on the market.
pata
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pata »

i use logic express from one year. it is very easy to make your music with it !!
altered states!!!