Battery 3 + Ableton 6!

- ask away
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Battery 3 + Ableton 6!

Post by markenstien »

Hey guys,

I recently purchased Battery 3 and am using it as a VST within Ableton 6, unfortunately i am currently using a cracked version of Ableton.

When i try loading up Battery inside an Ableton project it more often than not freezes and crashes.

I have saved up enough money to buy myself an official copy of Ableton 6 and was hoping that this may fix the problem.

Does anyone have any information on this or experienced any similar problems?

Any help much appreciated :)
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

My mate had cracked copies of synths that he tried to use on a real copy of ableton but it crashed everytime he opened them, he couldnt fnd a way of getting round it
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

so do you think its a case of official software not working with cracked software?
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

markenstien wrote:so do you think its a case of official software not working with cracked software?
I don't know, but I doubt it!

best thing to do is to download the official demo version of ableton and give it a try! since the demo is actually a full-featured version, with some of the features locked, you'll have your answer!
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

Cool, i'll give that a try :)

Is anyone else using the same combination but having no problems at all? Or is this the norm with Battery and Ableton?
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

I got a solution, which is what I do... even tho my stuff is legit. I only use batteries samples.. battery uses a lot of resources then impulse. ;)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Are you on pc or mac?

I don't want to turn this into a pc vs. mac issue but live 6 runs great on my mac book pro...but it seems glitchy and buggy on my pc that ableton 5 runs fine on... and with the same 3rd party pluggins 6 freezes... go figure...I have heard that live 6 is buggy from others too...I haven't had any problems on my mac
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

I was thinking about using the samples in impulse, but you end up losing alot of features that way.

I'm also wondering if i could of maybe picked up a virus somewhere along the way with dodgy software, who knows.

I'm just interested to know if this is the norm for battery running through Ableton or not?

p.s I'm on a pc