NYC to ban I-Pods/Mobiles/PSP's etc!

- open
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

NYC to ban I-Pods/Mobiles/PSP's etc!

Post by hotpace »

Fucking glad I don't live in New York/USA!

(sings)............
The laaand of the FREEEE................ :lol:

http://www.filter27.com/archives/2007/0 ... n.php#more
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

it wont happen
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

is it true that legally your not allowed to dance in the bars in new york, or is that just an urban myth?
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

ridiculous...
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

I read comments about that on several forums and everyone is grumbling about it, but the stress is on while crossing the street. What's the problem with putting earphones away from the ear while crossing a street in NYC and afterwards putting it back? Love it or hate it, but if there have been some people killed because they could not hear a car driving upon them, then it's a normal thing that the authorities have to consider how to prevent it in future.

But, the US have another laws which are ridiculous. Not to mention the death penalty. And not being allowed to listen to music while crossing the street should really not be a problem. Except for those who have learned to spit on everything dealing with US and not considering every problem individually.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

be~~ wrote:is it true that legally your not allowed to dance in the bars in new york, or is that just an urban myth?
it is true!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

cyhl wrote:
be~~ wrote:is it true that legally your not allowed to dance in the bars in new york, or is that just an urban myth?
it is true!
yes and no.
Well ya see here in NYC(5boros) some dong passed a law requiring clubs and lounges to have what they call a "cabaret license" something similiar to getting a liquor license. If you are granted a cabaret license you can dance if not you can't.
Really seems the city is stingy on giving these out(cause ya know when kids get together and dance it becomes a public nuissance and most of the time people dance anyway. Kind of like the no smoking law inside where i been to many places and people are smoking in the club. ahhh the unwritten laws of NYC keeps everything uncertain and edgy. Mostly depends on the place and party.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Woh, reading the headline I thought this was about new anti-terror laws, you know, like banning everything that looks like it could be used to detonate a bomb. But it's about street crossing. Seriously, guys: When was it Sony invented the walkman? Very up-to-date problem, indeed...