- ask away
briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by briobox »

Last edited by briobox on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I'v said it a billion times and i'll say it a billion more..... Cakewalk Sonar is a fucking monster and is a step ahead of everybody on midi for linking in outboard gear. They've been doing this sh!t forever and basicly have everything on lock. If you are serious about producing music you basicly only have two choices, It's either Pro-Tools or Cakewalk Sonar because they are the two that are in the majority of studios. Cakewalk is the better of the two because it is easy to use and is compatible with everything. It is a monster and makes Ableton look like a toy.
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

What about cubase sx ? I always had the idea that it was the main used sequencer in bigger studios, next to protools.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

FL Studio is nice.
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

Torque wrote: If you are serious about producing music you basicly only have two choices, It's either Pro-Tools or Cakewalk Sonar because they are the two that are in the majority of studios.
i guess i need to get serious and stop using ableton!
relative q
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by relative q »

Torque wrote:I'v said it a billion times and i'll say it a billion more..... Cakewalk Sonar is a fucking monster and is a step ahead of everybody on midi for linking in outboard gear. They've been doing this sht forever and basicly have everything on lock. If you are serious about producing music you basicly only have two choices, It's either Pro-Tools or Cakewalk Sonar because they are the two that are in the majority of studios. Cakewalk is the better of the two because it is easy to use and is compatible with everything. It is a monster and makes Ableton look like a toy.
That's funny... Nearly everyone I know who has a professional studio thinks Sonar is crap, and uses Pro Tools and Cubase SX/Nuendo. I remember Cakewalk's old MIDI sequencers back in the day were pretty awful.
i require more bass.

blingin rims at reasonable prices: netlabel reviews and other dumb sh!t
relative q web presence
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

MAX MSP seems to be the right choice.
I'm still using ableton 'cause I don't have much time for learning MAX right now. But I'll definitely give a try soon.
I've tried some sequencers built in MAX, and it was an wondeful experience.

Don't blame Ableton, it's an awsome software anyway. I know that it sucks when something becomes a standard in a creative domaine, but a complex software like Ableton can't be a cookie cutter...you still can sound very different.

Pro Tools, I don't know if it's good or not, but it's simply unnecessary. In my school, I have access to the studio which have all those ProTools HD set up with 192 I/O, Command 8 and all that shits, but all I do there is being bored.
Well, for video post production, they told me that it's the standard.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Have a look at how tim exile use reaktor for live session . amazing (watch the video in the middle of the page).
:arrow: http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... r_id=34002#