Crossfading in Sound Forge?

- ask away
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Crossfading in Sound Forge?

Post by d-rokc »

Im using Sound Forge 8.0 as my main audio editor for some time now.

I have a hard time figuring out what the parameters in the 'crossfade' dialog box represent and how they work. Not the loop crossfade thing, just mix-crossfade. SO please, if anyone is familiar with the controls in this particular dialog (i guess its the same in other Sound Forge versions) feel free to enlighten me :D

thx in advance.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i'm using 6.0, but i only have the loop crossfade option.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

eem let me see... the one im talkin bout is under Edit / Paste Special / Crossfade. used the same way as in loop-crossfading, only the crossfaded data may not be looped.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

oh i see it. well to be honest, i was fiddling with it for a few minutes, but i don't understand it either. i think you have to have two sound sources to apply the crossfade efficiently.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

I assume its the same as protools, corssfade between 2 edits on the same channel?
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

yes harass, thats exactly it.

i know pro tools is the best for the job (and similar) but since i dont have the cash for it, im considering to buy some other software (PC) capable of all that tedious editing job. ill be honest and say my Sound Forge copy is cracked but im gonna buy it once im sure it is capable of all that.

so doing the research now. i hope someone here knows how to crossfade in SF, or maybe it has some automathing function that smooths the transition, the manual is very vague on important subjects like this.

if no, please share what do you guys use for an editor - Audition, Audacity etc.? so far my only wish is that i can crossfade smoothly at any position of the waveform (peak for example).

thx.
rock beyond believe