Questions about recording my samples

- ask away
Uncrackable
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Questions about recording my samples

Post by Uncrackable »

Well i'm a newbe into production... i've been lately playing like a kid with Native Instruments tools (absynth, battery...) to see what i can do.
But i'm concerned about one thing, that is originalty, and to be honest i love 808 and 909 but i think it's too much used in mnml those days...
So my question is: I want to record stuff like water dropping, metalic, wooden sounds, REAL LIFE sounds and turn them into music... Does a plain old good computer microphone does the job? Or one of those little sony recorders?
And should i try to record those sounds into studio condicions? About using them i think simpler does the job or kontakt 2 :)

Thanks for helping in advance
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

zoom h4. 299usd. you will love it.
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

good approach for the beginning! you have to get a decent mic. (look for some beyerdynamic stuff on ebay) and a recorder. I have an old sony minidisc recorder which does the job for me, but today i would get a digital audio recorder (96 khz capabilities will give you great possibilities after your recordings - but isn't cheap).
The OKM soundman are great too. Real-head mic's. for field- and ambience recordings. Image
You feel like a secret agent when you walk into crowdy places :-)
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
Uncrackable
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Uncrackable »

wowo Zoom h4 rocks! Hmm ok that's a good start! The only thing i get sad with production, is the money u hate to spend with any piece of material :P (that's why rich kids devlop the scene :P)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Uncrackable wrote:wowo Zoom h4 rocks! Hmm ok that's a good start! The only thing i get sad with production, is the money u hate to spend with any piece of material :P (that's why rich kids devlop the scene :P)
I wouldn;t say its all rich kids... some of those kids were drug dealers too.