mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Background 049] GEOFF WHITE - Nevertheless LP/CD

Post by bigwednesday »

artist: Geoff White
titel: nevertheless
label: background 049
format: 2x12" / CD

As one of America's premier techno producers, Geoff White has amassed a catalogue of distinguished releases on labels such as Force Inc., Traum, Proptronix, Morris Audio, Cytrax , Ghostly International and his own Edit Audio. .A native of Columbus, OH, White recently relocated toBarcelona to continue his work in music. His first full-length album, Questions and Comments, was released on Force Inc. in 2001. The formation of the Edit Audio label followed shortly thereafter, with an emphasis on modern production techniques as well as dancefloor beats. In 2003, Geoff paired with Stewart Walker to produce the album Discord, released music under the alias Jackstone, and made an EP with Swiss duo Dialogue. White has also provided remixes for a variety of labels such as Leaf and Source. GEOFF is currently on the road in his studio ( www.edit-audio.com/road/) There will most certainly be a tour for the record, so get hip or get left out The sound of this album could be described as dub-influenced, but largely stripped of the endless reverberant, delayed elements which largely define the genre. What remains is a collection of quirky jams which tumble about and squirm around to seemingly no end. There's a balance found in the contradictory worlds that exist between raw/refined, minimal/hyper-arranged, and ethereal/in-your-face. The vinyl version includes 8 tracks while the CD plays straight through and includes a handful of extra tracks mixed together as a continuous arrangement.

listening samples: www.background-records.de

plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

just wow! geoff still keeps it fresh.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by echelon »

Nice! :)
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

i have that album for a long time, previously should be released on cytrax http://www.discogs.com/release/223871 ,but that never happened i guess so, some really nice tunes inside, geoffs music always do the job for me 8)
multum in parvo
the flow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the flow »

I'm a Big Geoff White fan. Its been to silent around him for too long. Glad this will finally be released. I remember those tunes from when it was supposed to be released on Cytrax. Great Stuff. Anybody knows a release date for this?