[WAG018] Cobblestone Jazz - India in Me

- wax
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[WAG018] Cobblestone Jazz - India in Me

Post by gillsans »

Cobblestone Jazz - India in Me

Cobblestone Jazz has been performing live electronic music for five years together. The three members of the group are programmer Tyger Dhula, keyboardists Danuel Tate and Mathew Jonson. The nature of their music balances electronic composition with a live and moving element that results in the exploration of many different styles. Cobblestone is a bit of an anomaly in this day and age of studio refinement, opting to approach music from a performance perspective first, as opposed to recreating studio pieces for their live shows. A large part of this is due to the involvement of Tate, whose background as a jazz musician has led to a large emphasis on playing live. The group’s influences range from jazz and dub to breakbeats and minimal techno, and many points in between. ‘India In Me’ has been one of the highlights of their recent live performances at venues including the Montreux Jazz Festival and Panorama Bar in Berlin.

Likened by some to electronic whales singing to each other, the groove undulates and develops constantly over the course of each session. Both tracks are recorded and mixed in a live outboard setting. No pre-arrangement was done; the tracks are just improvised and mixed straight to tape. Both versions share the same principle parts – Mat playing the bassline on an SH-101 and Danuel on Vocoder jamming together – plus atmospherics from Tyger of an early live recording of Danuel playing trumpet through lots of reverb. The A side has a freer composition and broken rhythms while the B side appears straighter, more obviously for a club setting. Both build and destroy dancefloors, capturing minds and feet, waking us up to the unique and unmistakable sound of Cobblestone Jazz. EXCLUDED TERRITORY:ITALY!!!!

A1
B1

Check out www.wagonrepair.ca for better samples. Also watch out for the new Cobblestone Jazz on Itiswhaititis #13.

AME (Innervisions): “Killer release!!! Coblestone Jazz ist wohl das beste projekt von Mathew Jonson...”

Anja Schneider (Mobilee Rec.): “the new India In Me is a bomb . I love how these guys can take me on a trip and I'm not scared to follow them. I love both sides and I will play it for sure.”

Benoit (Trax Mag FR): “that makes me crazy ”

Cassy Britton (Panorama Bar/ P: “thank you very much!!! this is the track i've been waiting for!!!! 'india in me'. i've heard it a few times already. (I prefer the a side version...)”

Dave Twomy (Samurai fm): “this is killer... definitely chart, definitely play (already did last night on 52nd floor of roppongi hills building here in tokyo)”

Dave Twomy (Samurai fm/ Juice: “the India in Me release is just wonderful... so god damn nice. played it twice on sunday moring at afters such was the demand.”

DJ Karotte: “der näxte überhit auf wagon repair. lief in ibiza schon rauf und runter in meinen sets. die leute drehen auf dem dancefloor komplett durch. eine der platten des jahres!!!”

Donato Dozzy: “have to say this new work from cobblestone jazz is really top notch. both tracks develop in a brilliant way their long running time. finally the bassline. the upbuilding is reminescent of some of the best emmanuel top's tracks. congratulations. i will play this stuff for long time! ”
Last edited by gillsans on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Papillon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Papillon »

hmm... better samples? cant really say if i like it. :?
chestah
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chestah »

good, but not as good as dump truck was
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Heard Troy play this at the DEMF and got that tent rockin!
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

the song is monstorous when the 303 comes in. Takes a little too long to get to that point, but the record on a whole, rules.
Delano
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Delano »

biggie !!
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

Probably the first wagon repairs (17 & 18 ) that I like again since the summerhit, medusa smile, from last year.
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
gdmfsob
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gdmfsob »

best wagon 2006
i will buy this realease
zounds come from us