Voice Processing

- ask away
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Voice Processing

Post by echelon »

I'm interested in starting to experiment with vocals in my tracks - this is a field that I have absolutely no experience in. I'm looking to heavily process my vocals; I want to be able to modulate the pitch and use stutter effects etc.

Although all of this can of course be performed within an Audio Editor, I was wondering if anyone knows any plugin effects that would facilitate the whole process - perhaps like a native version of the Powercore Voice Modeller plugin?

Cheers :)
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

for stutter and the like effects you can use dblue glitch (version 2 is freeware), the pitch modulation can be achieved with clip envelopes if you are using ableton live (draw an envelope assigned to transpose)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

beat repeat in pitched down mode is grrreat for vocals.
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by echelon »

The dBlue Glitch is awesome and I completely forgot about it since a recent reinstallation of windows - thanks for reminding me!

It's interesting that in two replies, there are 2 seperate tips for doing this kind of thing in Ableton - I'd only just dissuaded myself from buying it :?
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Hey Graham wassup?

you'll definitely enjoy using Ableton, give it a go - version 6 is on its way soon I think

definitely agreed on the dBlue Glitch also, gets great results, i've been glitching with it for a while now :wink:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

imo the only problem with it is that u have to rly cover its tracks.
Or it will define your sound. :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...