mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I'm confused. Music in the universe?
mayluna
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

m

Post by mayluna »

well.. other planets, civililizations and all other secrets of our universe...

would they be making - playing music too in Y.O. ?
.. you give yourself ..
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

if there are other civilisations out there they might make music but it will most likely be very different..

for a start different atmospheres would mean sound travels at different speeds so the same frequency note would have a different pitch, so things like our scales would probably have no meaning, and translating ideas between civilisations would be difficult..

also one reason we like music is because its closely tied in with language, and movement (sound causes the small hairs which affect balance to move, one of teh reasons we dance) again physiological differnces between species could lead to great differences... perhaps they communicate telepathically, in which case music could just be sent out via the brain direct...?
mayluna
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

interesting vision

Post by mayluna »

but i believe music as speech are things also in other places.. even tough we might not be able to hear it, so call telepatic..
music combines people and brings them together, so i hope other civilizations could enjoy our music too, as we could enjoy theirs.
.. you give yourself ..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

mayluna wrote: Topic: Re: music in the universe - fact or dream

curious about your opinions..
what an amazing concept and question...

I say if (t h i n g s ) are out there... then so is music..

seth once told me he thinks UFO's are humans in the future coming back and forth to (check-in) on thier kind..... that being said we could say that perhaps the one world music... (can) be sent and understood... to other dimentions... perhaps it's just (now) that futher sound vibrations are being explored to make that possible and/or more of a reality...

:D

* may be one of the most interesting topics I have ever read in a forum in my opinion.... :arrow: :idea:

fantastic topic for discussion ... :!:
Last edited by John Clees on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

john clees wrote:
mayluna wrote: Topic: Re: music in the universe - fact or dream

curious about your opinions..
fantastic topic for discussion ... :!:

what an amazing concept and question...

I say if (t h i n g s ) are out there... then so is music..

seth once told me he thinks UFO's are humans in the future coming back and forth to (check-in) on thier kind..... that being said we could say that perhaps the one world music... (can) be sent and understood... to other dimentions... perhaps it's just (now) that futher sound vibrations are being explored to make that possible and/or more of a reality...

:D
you tripper, hehe
millsy23
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by millsy23 »

mayzee wrote:if there are other civilisations out there they might make music but it will most likely be very different..

for a start different atmospheres would mean sound travels at different speeds so the same frequency note would have a different pitch, so things like our scales would probably have no meaning, and translating ideas between civilisations would be difficult..

also one reason we like music is because its closely tied in with language, and movement (sound causes the small hairs which affect balance to move, one of teh reasons we dance) again physiological differnces between species could lead to great differences... perhaps they communicate telepathically, in which case music could just be sent out via the brain direct...?
Matt, stay off the yokes chief

A friend :P