I hate minimal techno

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

in 15 years of listening to dance music, i have seen this complaint come up from time to time, and the same thing always happens ... a really good dj liveset shows up and makes them fall in love all over again.
blockup

Post by blockup »

shypht wrote:techno is serious music made by serious producers making serious people dance seriously
get a grip!
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

sarcasm detector broken?
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

shypht wrote:sarcasm detector broken?
No doubt I laughed my ass off at that. I completelly think that peole take this sh!t WAY too seriouslly. I don't think I would like produceing music if I took myself that serious and had an elitist attitude.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

tone-def wrote:it's hardly new
true that
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Dragonsand wrote: But nowadays it's a fact, we call "minimal" every 4/4 music which sounds modern and detailed.
So true. I even tend to think like that.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

A few weeks ago I was reading some music magazine, and they had a big write up on producing minimal-drums. This was completely from a non-techno/EDM view point also. The main idea of the article, was stripping down the patterns to the basic elements required to hold the desired groove/rhythm.

Then, the other day was reading a thread reviewing the new Ricardo Villalobos EP, and someone said along the lines of how every sound in the record is playing an important role in the overall progression of the song.

I think the combination of the two of those is what minimal is to an extent - the basic elements required to hold a track together and give it a groove, with each element playing an important role in the overall progression of the song that takes you on a journey.

That is what is really interesting to listen to, get lost in, it tickles your brain and moves your body.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

grace anxiety wrote:some people on here take this all too serious.
The part of the brain that processes emotion, is the same part that processes music. This might be why people take this all too serious.

Just like what Pheek said, music is/can be synonymous with love, and if my boyfriend/husband (whatever) didn't take me serious, then I probably wouldn't bother being in that relationship :)

Math can only take you so far, emotion is what creates desire and fuels passion -- music would be boring if we didn't take it serious.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne