Best make of LAPTOP?

- ask away
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

i'm running this,

http://au.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l ... odelmenu=1

haven't had any issues with proformance.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

If you'll only use it in a studio, I'd seriously consider a desktop pc instead of a laptop.

I've been using a laptop for the past 3 years and I'm really starting to get tired of not being to upgrade, it breaking down a lot etc.

So if you want a laptop, aside from the technical details you have to look at, also be sure to get at least 3-year guarantee, cos believe me laptops are fragile.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Renze wrote:If you'll only use it in a studio, I'd seriously consider a desktop pc instead of a laptop.

I've been using a laptop for the past 3 years and I'm really starting to get tired of not being to upgrade, it breaking down a lot etc.

So if you want a laptop, aside from the technical details you have to look at, also be sure to get at least 3-year guarantee, cos believe me laptops are fragile.
Eventhough I use laptops mostly I would have to agree here. Towers are just so much easier to upgrade and some things are better done on a desktop in studio than a lap top....
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Apple.

The end.
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

You have to watch some details if you want to buy a laptop

(note: it depends on how much money you want to invest, there is a solution for every budget)

first of all you have to choose between pc & mac. Both have plus and minuses

second thing : cpu power. If you want to run a lot of audio channels ane efx you will need at least a Intel P 1,86Ghz M750 (if you have money for dula core then buy dual core)

Memory: at least 1,0 Gb
Harddisk: At least 80Gb with a speed of 7.200rpm

These are the important factors. For me it is also very important the warranty that gives the manufacturer. Laptops can easily have malfunctions or hardware problems. It is important to have a good after sales service and warranty.

Me personal have a Dell Latitude (but use it also for non-audio applications) and have 3 years warranty. Do not look at the brand (ok, do not buy a no-name ofcourse) but look at what is inside the box nad what they offer.

hope i helped you:)

L
lar_zzz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lar_zzz »

# removed #
Last edited by lar_zzz on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Indeed. Apple, man. It's all you'll ever need.
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

i'm pretty fine with my 15" g4 powerbook. works.