traktor 3

- ask away
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

for monitor function you will need a sounddevice with 2 stereo out channels. i don't know why NI doesn't include a workflow for multiple cards, but that's how it is. ah, wait, you can set one channel for listening, one for monitor, if you record on HD it will be recorded in stereo.

:D
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Thanks for the info. Its strange that the Traktor manual doesnt give a better description of this. Unless its so easy and silly that im actually making harder then it is?
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

mcs wrote:for monitor function you will need a sounddevice with 2 stereo out channels. i don't know why NI doesn't include a workflow for multiple cards, but that's how it is. ah, wait, you can set one channel for listening, one for monitor, if you record on HD it will be recorded in stereo.

:D
Any recommendations for a 2 or more channel out for a IMAC? that will work well with Traktor?[/code]
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60
maybe s.th. like this.
i use a terratec phase26 usb, i don't know if your imac has usb and/or firewire...
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

mcs wrote:http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60
maybe s.th. like this.
i use a terratec phase26 usb, i don't know if your imac has usb and/or firewire...
That looks fun - Thanks!

The IMAC has both firewire and USB. And here I thought I would have to use my little stereo plug.
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

as i described before, for recording purposes you can do it with stereo miniplug too.

glückliches neues jahr! :D
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

hey...isn't it extremely unconfortable the way the pitch is controlled in traktor 3?? y mean...that knob :S if you are not using FS...you are practically dead. At least in 2.6 it was more precise, but now adjusting the pitch with that knob (wich by the way the minimum jump is 0.1bpm) is "mission impossible", or maybe im missing something...
am i missing something?? :cry:
que son esos ruiditos?
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

your not missing anything. anyone can correct me if im wrong, but traktor 3 is completely useless lol. look at my first post in this thread, and now my conclusion.

its useless. the interface is bad. even if its customiseable, theres always something missing. the pitch thing was the first annoyance i noticed. controlling pitch with a knob is very uncomfortable to say the least.

the sync nudge is super sensitive. more so than the earlier versions of traktor? i dont understand. i think native instruments really wanted to get their product out.. to compete with the increasing number of ableton dj's.