Seriously.. the weather?

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
Krul wrote:Yeah, the climate's really fucked up, they're predicting 15°C and sunny weather here in belgium this weekend... trees are already budding... in february...

You don't hear me complaining though :P the warmer the better. As far as global warming goes we're in the sweet spot, in 50 years when I'm old, I'd love to have a medditeranean climate here :P
That was the most stupid thing i read today
I read an article saying that Holland and Belgium will have the same climate as the South of France! Scary.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

Krul wrote:Yeah, the climate's really fucked up, they're predicting 15°C and sunny weather here in belgium this weekend... trees are already budding... in february...

You don't hear me complaining though :P the warmer the better. As far as global warming goes we're in the sweet spot, in 50 years when I'm old, I'd love to have a medditeranean climate here :P
Yeah i bet when your neighbouring country Holland will be under the sea water by then!
Short loops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Short loops »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
K0$+3k wrote:Greenhouse effect ...We all thinking,about resoults this effect for a decades,but it's now.I still can't believe it was only two snowy days on whole winter.If this fakts would be same for years, my kids could't know what snow is.
We must start buying hybrid version of lexus ,instead hot roads.
Or no big cars at all ;)

the worlds climates gonna change no matter what we do. the earth has a natural cycle of heating up and cooling down so i doubt we'll be able to change that.
Music created under this genre can range from melodic beautiful harmonies with a prominent bass line, to glitchy, unstructured, disjointed sounds which are unified to create an organised new track.

www.myspace.com/shortloopsmusic
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Short loops wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:
K0$+3k wrote:Greenhouse effect ...We all thinking,about resoults this effect for a decades,but it's now.I still can't believe it was only two snowy days on whole winter.If this fakts would be same for years, my kids could't know what snow is.
We must start buying hybrid version of lexus ,instead hot roads.
Or no big cars at all ;)

the worlds climates gonna change no matter what we do. the earth has a natural cycle of heating up and cooling down so i doubt we'll be able to change that.
yea, lets do nothing, sounds like a great idea :idea:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I read somewhere that this kind of reaction actually has a name, but don't remember what. But the theory is: if a human is presented with two choices, he will always choose the one the most comfortable or easy to him. So that's why many people react that "they can't do anything about it", or that "the problem is exagerated". It's easier to do nothing then to change your habits even just a little. Because that's really all we need to do, make a little bit of effort.

That being said, it sounds nice to have a meditteranean climate over here, but you'd also have the downsides: mistral winds, more force in storms, more insects eating away the crops, extreme dry periods and forrest fires,... and some dutch people swimming around in your front yard, who wants that :lol:
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

does anyone think that the winters have always been exactly the same for thousands of years? the answer is no. the planet goes through changes regardless of humans. did anyone think that maybe the sun goes through natural changes too? it goes through phases when its hotter or cooler than normal, like with major sunflares. theres also volcanos which emit years worth of global pollution in just one eruption. the global scientific community is actually divided on this issue, its just the ones that are on the human cause side of the argument are in the spotlight.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

stop complaining about dont having snow. if you want some, you can get the fucking snow we have up here.

about the weather,its fucking unstable here as well.
one day snow, the next rain, the one after that nothing but -15C ==> very icy
and it continues like that, so now we got like x layers of ice / snow that never melts away.

sometimes i wish that norway was like southern spain, coldest @ +10/15, never snow, etc.aaaah, would have been perfect! 8)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

yeah, but even if it's "unsure", do you think it's worth gambling on? To be honest, I'm not always so sure to believe the scientists, because it seems they usually find whatever result that fits in the viewpoint of the ones paying the bills of their research.

Even if the global warming isn't true, there are plenty more reasons to live a bit 'safer': air quality for one. When I was younger I never heared about traffic having to slow down because there were too many pollution particles in the air (like we had this week in belgium) or people getting in trouble in summer due to high ozone concentration. I mean, this alone should already be enough reason no?