Turntables + Mixer

- ask away
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Keagan »

I have two ttx1's. Unless you're scratching, your turntables really don't matter. You should be familar with the technics layout (it is not hard), most other turn tables follow this layout; stop/start button on the lower right corner, pitch on the upper right- given you have the tables turned battlestyle (vertically).

For a mixer- since you're playing vinyl, you should want an analogue mixer- a&h xone:02, or a 32 if you can afford it should be your best bet. If you plan on playing out I really suggest you find a djm 600 on ebay, they sound like sh!t, but 6 out of the 7 clubs i've played at have a 500 or a 600. They're (in my opinon/experience) the club standard in the states.
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

Technics + A&H Xone 32 i don't need more -----> for another 6 years
you know :wink:
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

codecks wrote:
jessejames wrote:WTF is a turntable?

Never seen such a ghastly thing in my entire life!
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

i have a numark ttx and a vestac vmc 004fx.

the numark ttx is in the same league as the technics turntables, the mixes is really good for the price, alot of inputs + you have alot of fx.
The faders are good, the eqs are good too, basicaly i cant complain about the mixer.

thenagain you have to decide how many channels you will be needing and according to that make a decision.
It wont make any sense if your gonna use two turntables and have a mixer with 4-6 channels, 2-3 would be enough in that case.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

jessejames wrote:
codecks wrote:
jessejames wrote:WTF is a turntable?

Never seen such a ghastly thing in my entire life!
wow.. you guys still use vinyl?! :wink:
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

As far as I know, a good dj could mix using the worst belt-driven shits.

So wether it's an oh-so-cool 1200 or a numark knockoff, it won't make a difference if you have any talent at all.
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

1200 or 1210. second hand and take your time on ebay you will score a deal

I just got 3x 1210mk2, 18 month old......... wait

£347 and no delivery charge :D
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

If you plan on mixing professionally some time you need to get used to Technics anyway, which can be a little hard if you're used to some other turntables. But if you can play Technics, you can play everything else!

And if you got Technics, they'll gonna last for eternity (or almost). I got myself a brandnew TT-X once and it got broke after only one week. I'm never gonna buy any of this fancy crap again!

You should be able to get a pair of used Technics below 700€ which leaves enough money for a decent mixer. Oh, and don't forget syytems and needles - usually not included.

For the mixer: As you might want to upgrade your set-up some time (CD player, laptop, third deck, i pod,...) you should get one with at least three channels. If you definitely can rule this out, then two is enough of course.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)