How do you produce your tracks?(by steps)

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

oh cmon, you just spoiled the fun. :roll:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

oh. sorry

step 3 : create yourself a myspace account.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

bodysong wrote:i guess having fun isn't a part of the process hey ?

it is impossible for one to produce each and everytime a timeless classic. unless you want a flawless carrer, and i think it is impossible, you have to try and fail, to love and hate, before reaching hapiness trough making music.

there is a difference between making music and trying being successfull by making music. wich one do you want to be ?
If making music isn't fun to you then you have no buisness doing it in the first place.
It is impossible to make a classic everytime but that doesn't mean everything deserves to be released or even finished.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

step1 - get weed
step2 - smoke it
step3 - mess around with synths and feel the groove
step4 - bring it in some order
step5 - do some mastering
step6 - render

:lol:
--

theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

bodysong wrote:i guess having fun isn't a part of the process hey ?

it is impossible for one to produce each and everytime a timeless classic. unless you want a flawless carrer, and i think it is impossible, you have to try and fail, to love and hate, before reaching hapiness trough making music.

there is a difference between making music and trying being successfull by making music. wich one do you want to be ?
having fun is a fucking given. if you're not having fun you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

sometimes, there are aspects of the process that might feel chore like. but overall you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy it. and I don't think there is a difference between making music and making music and being successful. if you want to be successful doing what you love doing, it'll happen if you keep at it long enough.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

oh i guess you misunderstand me guys. i was trying to point out that having fun is in my opinion the best method to make music and nobody have included it in there step by step listing...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

kujoma wrote:step1 - get weed
step2 - smoke it
step3 - mess around with synths and feel the groove
step4 - put kettle on
step5 - straighten out head and bring it in some order
step6 - go back to step1

if you ever manage to break out of this cycle and get to;
step 7 - master tune, take to cutting room,
it will be the dope !!!! :wink:
[((-))]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [((-))] »

Its funny how this thread and the other thread on how to avoid a creativity dip have very similar responses. i'm not doing music to put food on the table and i dont think i ever will. i do it for fun and to be happy number 1. And i don't nececeraily think you have to be otherwise like torque suggests. I'm into community and being local and i think you can always have fun with music and art in that way. I guess that's what i love about myspace and netlabels. I can never really see myself selling music. But don't get me wrong music is my life and always has been. I'll never work too hard in a day job either. If you live simply you can enjoy both.