ableton live djs

- ask away
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

d-rokc wrote: to the topic - im extremely happy that so many of you guys are falling for that ableton bullshit. someday the stars will align and me and you will play together in a club - i will spin black vinyl on 3 decks and you do whatever you do... lets see whos gonna rock more solid :twisted:
yea dude, you are the man. good to see you are content were mere track playback.
freeeeeee
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

what u call 'mere track playback' son, is becoming something of a lost art and some ppl are pretty damn good at it. its what a DJ does. if you want to do more, its not DJ-ing anymore, it is a live performance.

oh i see - you dont have enough quality tracks produced by yourself so that you can call it a live act. instead, you wanna do a live act with someone else's tracks, and you wannna call it 'advanced dj-ing' or whatever. :shock: its a free world :lol:
rock beyond believe
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

i usually burn 1 track to cd, unless it's a few tracks by 1 artist, or i'm low on CD's

as much as i'm more of the "i dont care what you use as long as it sounds good and makes me dance" kinda guy, the whole ableton dj thing kinda bothers me... not so much because i think it's "cheating" or something, but because i feel it kind of waters down the talent and skill involved, and you'll get more and more fly-by-night dj's out there... u know, the guy from the ska band who's friend made him take E and now he's mr. dj... i think that will further fuel the trendiness of dj'ing and techno and make it more saturated by crappy music (i.e. trance hehe).

and regardless i think it kind of takes the fun out of it... i mean instead of mastering a skill and being good at something, the ableton dj is one step closer to just putting on a computer jukebox and letting it go itself.

i know there's a lot of possible rebuttal's to my statements, and a lot of different perspectives... i do embrace technology of course, but if anybody can be instant-dj's i find it might inspire a 2nd wave of the super cool dj trend that might do more harm than good.

and that means more ugly tshirts with dj-related crap on them hahahha

maybe i'll make one that says "i actually mix."

let the flaming begin
a.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

d-rokc wrote:what u call 'mere track playback' son, is becoming something of a lost art and some ppl are pretty damn good at it. its what a DJ does. if you want to do more, its not DJ-ing anymore, it is a live performance.

oh i see - you dont have enough quality tracks produced by yourself so that you can call it a live act. instead, you wanna do a live act with someone else's tracks, and you wannna call it 'advanced dj-ing' or whatever. :shock: its a free world :lol:
you are awesome, i couldn't have explained it better than you :wink:
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

alland wrote:i usually burn 1 track to cd, unless it's a few tracks by 1 artist, or i'm low on CD's

as much as i'm more of the "i dont care what you use as long as it sounds good and makes me dance" kinda guy, the whole ableton dj thing kinda bothers me... not so much because i think it's "cheating" or something, but because i feel it kind of waters down the talent and skill involved, and you'll get more and more fly-by-night dj's out there... u know, the guy from the ska band who's friend made him take E and now he's mr. dj... i think that will further fuel the trendiness of dj'ing and techno and make it more saturated by crappy music (i.e. trance hehe).

and regardless i think it kind of takes the fun out of it... i mean instead of mastering a skill and being good at something, the ableton dj is one step closer to just putting on a computer jukebox and letting it go itself.

i know there's a lot of possible rebuttal's to my statements, and a lot of different perspectives... i do embrace technology of course, but if anybody can be instant-dj's i find it might inspire a 2nd wave of the super cool dj trend that might do more harm than good.

and that means more ugly tshirts with dj-related crap on them hahahha

maybe i'll make one that says "i actually mix."

let the flaming begin
a.
agree with you also mate. totally :)
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

that's because we're really really smart and all around amazing.

:-P

a.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

alland wrote:that's because we're really really smart and all around amazing.

:-P

a.
haha! so true... :P
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

d-rokc wrote:what u call 'mere track playback' son, is becoming something of a lost art and some ppl are pretty damn good at it. its what a DJ does. if you want to do more, its not DJ-ing anymore, it is a live performance.

is there anything else you can do besides insulting people?

just wondering, did ableton kill your mom or why are you so afraid of it? regarding your amount of posts i assume you don't know these people here any better than i do so i'd highly recommend you to follow the broad rules of paying respect where it's due before making dumbass random assumptions about guys you don't know.

what makes you think you can entertain 500 people any better with decks than anyone else with whatnot setup? i think the basic basic idea behind that thought is nothing else than some weird kind of fascism.

:roll:

alland,
pity you don't really follow the discussion as it goes or simply disregard valuable points beeing made here.