mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Dardis wrote:
kristofason wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Gaiser = Boring

Martin Buttrich = God

Marc Houle = shite

Thomas melchior = inspiring

This is my opinion btw, and what do i know?
marc houle is fuckin sht,i dunno what the fuss is about...
i like some gaiser tracks but its criminal how he gets away with releasin such samey sht.

pantha du prince in interesting to me,dunno if its proper dancefloor material or nowt tho and not usually my cuppa tea but its quite a fresh sound
Marc Houle's fucking terrible, he's responsible for producing minimal's answer to 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit' (Techno Vocals) & an album which sounds like an instrumental version of Robbie Williams 'Rubebox'. What was the idea of Bay Of Figs again? Make a synth sound like the Crazy Frog? Rubbish

If you're looking for just plain boring, keep an eye on the Prog House producers who have hopped on the minimal bandwagon. Responsible for turning noughties house into a pedestrian plod where you wait 5 mins for a high hat to enter the mix, we're now gonna get the same stuff stripped back! Watch this space.....
HA HA, I LOVE IT.....
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

Why is M_nus given such a bad rap???
I have to start by saying I am not on track as most of you seem to be with the latest greatest tracks comming out, but what I hear in my RSS feeds from m_nus is pretty cool.

Then again, I'm not one going out to clubs, DJ'ing n partying anymore (married with 4kids will change that dramatically) but I have been listening to techno for 18years so it'll never leave my veins. What I have heard from M_nus sounds great, I would love to be able to produce anything remotely close to it.

I assume it's either been played out too much or it was great a few years ago and then everyone copied it to death?

I was a little suprised to read negative reaction towards M_nus in this thread. However, I suspect that must be due to their being something even better out there I'm not aware of - fill me in, I always like new music...(that's not boring)
Korg - ESX
Korg - EMX
Launchpad
Nocturn
AK1
HP Laptop running Live 8.1.3
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

dubgil wrote:Why is M_nus given such a bad rap???
I have to start by saying I am not on track as most of you seem to be with the latest greatest tracks comming out, but what I hear in my RSS feeds from m_nus is pretty cool.

Then again, I'm not one going out to clubs, DJ'ing n partying anymore (married with 4kids will change that dramatically) but I have been listening to techno for 18years so it'll never leave my veins. What I have heard from M_nus sounds great, I would love to be able to produce anything remotely close to it.

I assume it's either been played out too much or it was great a few years ago and then everyone copied it to death?

I was a little suprised to read negative reaction towards M_nus in this thread. However, I suspect that must be due to their being something even better out there I'm not aware of - fill me in, I always like new music...(that's not boring)
Because the m_nus sound has, unfortunately, become synonmous with the word 'minimal'....

Alot of people i mention minimal too immedialty associate it with that sound, but in essence minimal is about elemental groove, not bleeps; thats what i think anyway...
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

dubgil wrote:Why is M_nus given such a bad rap???

Bingo, the Minus sound became really popular & got copied to death. As a result they've tried to change direction, which is fair enough really. However they pick up flak for the follow:

1. Releasing/supporting minimal material with ridiculous hardcore noises in it (a la Marc Houle & Massi 'took a steaming piss on my Nintendo & recorded it' DL)

2. Releasing a terrible record with a vocal refrain that ridicules pretty much your entire back catalogue, therby alienating your long standing fan base. The label boss adds salt to the wounds by making it his 'tune of the year'.

3. Realising the new direction sounds crap & your label mates are off form, you search for new tal.....no you don't, you phone the maker of 'Flashdance'. In doing so you set a precedent where like minded labels release average material from high-profile DJ's/producers, instead of good material from up & coming talent (purely to raise their status)

In terms of good new material the recent releases on Four:Twenty, Cecille & Remote Area are good, though they have a strong house element which may not be your thing. On the techier side Ed Davenport's 'Apples' on Gumption is excellent, as in Tanzmann's remix of Cle's Nomads. Guido Schneider's on good form too.

For boredom try Dubfire, Steve Lawler & Sasha (who now make minimal) - there's even an Eric Prydz remix coming out on Cocoon! :?
Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

Bad: NES-esque waveforms, percussion made only of white noise, presets, things of that nature

Good: Op.Disc, T++, Sandwell District, Mika Vainio etc.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

yeah its all bad and boring!!! listen to my opinion!!! its the best!!!!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

re.vise wrote:yeah its all bad and boring!!! listen to my opinion!!! its the best!!!!
exactly.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest