Post by patcha »

Shaun Soomro wrote:Image
great flyer
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

clubfoot wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: ... for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
that's because people in the UK are often too busy being jealous/wary of other people and protecting their own sh!t from other people getting a piece, rather than sharing and coming together. that doesn't really make a scene, imo.
i think its probably more because its more musically diverse than most places, so the attention generally goes on other music as well as techno/house, even if there is loads of good producers doing that.

over the years jungle/dnb, 2 step/garage, grime, dubstep and now funky are just really london/uk music so they probably get the column inches and are what people associate with the city or uk. which is fair enough cause they've been more radical than house/techno during the 90s and 00s.

like when people say berlin you think techno, likewise detroit (but maybe also hiphop and motown) but when you say london, you can't really say something without saying the others.

to summarise, its not like uk music doesn't get attention, its just that the house and techno scene have had to compete with lots of fresher, newer, more exciting music over the last 2 decades, so the attention gets spread around a lot more cause there isn't a single focus.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

London (and the UK) simply own, period. And I thank my lucky stars we live so close by so it's easy to go there and sample those new influences that they always seem to come up with. Everytime I get back home, I can start on my new tracks with a fresh approach. So the influence is surely there. While Germany is also great but more for partying and taking the existing stuff into new directions/bigger.
Sounds really corny, but in London you can almost feel the innovation and the city has this amazing pulse that inspires. Even if you're a belgian nobody who's usually only there for a day or two at a time. I can only imagine how my music would sound if I went to live there again for a few months like in my younger days. :)

Too bad you brits can't brew a decent beer if your lives depended on it, but apart from that: love the country. :lol:
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

My good friend just started a new label and its doing quite well, being supported by Berghain resident Boris, Giorgi Gigli and the Prologue crew as well as some others...

http://hardwax.com/59718/
http://www.ds2shop.co.uk/techno/NG001.html
http://northern-general.co.uk/

He's also looking for new talent for the label.. Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this, but Im trying to help him out a bit and its UK based so sort of ties in with the topic :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

PsyTox wrote: Too bad you brits can't brew a decent beer if your lives depended on it, but apart from that: love the country. :lol:
what do you consider to be good beer? Stella Artois?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

clubfoot wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: ... for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
that's because people in the UK are often too busy being jealous/wary of other people and protecting their own sh!t from other people getting a piece, rather than sharing and coming together. that doesn't really make a scene, imo.
if think your confusing the UK with Detroit.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

tone-def wrote:
PsyTox wrote: Too bad you brits can't brew a decent beer if your lives depended on it, but apart from that: love the country. :lol:
what do you consider to be good beer? Stella Artois?
oh please. That's just the stuff we piss out after we drank the better stuff ;) Stella is just like Heineken: a beer that's made more to fit in commercially (not too difficult sort of speak, to make sure as many people as possible can drink it). That's why f.e. they lowered the alcohol percentage, simply because that way it would be less 'heavy' for big markets like Uk or US.
It's not bad, but nothing close to the real deal: Westvleteren. Duvel. Leffe,.... And for the more basic everyday drinking: Vedett. Maes. Jupiler. Hoegaarden.
Or if you really want to get completely pissed: Oerbier or Delirium Tremens. Great beer but after a few you'll start believing your mother-in-law looks like Carmen Elektra and there's possibly some serious singing and other weird scenes involved.

But that's not the topic innit :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:
clubfoot wrote:
if think your confusing the UK with Detroit.
I kind of agree with him. Well defo in London thats for sure. I think a few major factors come into play and one of them is the cost. London is so expensive so everyone is thinking about paying rent/living etc.. so thats when the selfishness starts.